Broken TV tuner, need solution to get channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuejms

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I used to get basic channels pretty clearly until recently they all just disappeared. I was reading up and it seems my tuner is no longer working. I have cable internet and that works fine. So, in order to try and get some channels, I bought the Mohu Leaf Metro, hooked it up to my TV, did a channel scan and got nothing. Followed whatever instructions came with it. So, I basically have the same problem as I do without the antenna. I have an HDTV but do not have cable TV service. So, how can I get the Leaf to work? Seems plugging it into coax input doesn't do anything. Would it help to plug it into HDMI input? And if so, I would need the Leaf cable to have HDMI output but it doesn't. What are my options aside from getting a new TV?

tortuejms

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Thanks. I did check tvfool and I should be able to get a number of basic channels, which is really all I'm looking to get right now anyway. But, nothing comes up in the scans. I've done a few scans too with all the options.

My question at this point is if my TV tuner is broken, will antennas work? Or will what you listed (the digital converter) work?

Thank you.

popatim

Splendid
You can grab the walmart box and return if it doesnt work for you. Check your stores return period. Mine is 14 days for electronics.

Make sure the antenna is pointed at the tower properly, the leaf antenna would need the flat face orinented to the tower. You can use a compass app on your phone to do this, no need to buy a compass.

If the walmart box gets channels and your tv doesnt then something is wrong with the tv (assuming you have the tv set to antenna mode when you scanned).

If the box doesnt get anything either then you have something blocking the signal or need a bigger antenna.

Are you in the U.S.? I wager your been getting free QAM channels from the cable carrier and then they scrambled it, you missed the memos. U.S. carriers is been doing that so now you are forced to pay for even basic TV and rent their set-top box.

To use an antenna, you have to go into your menu and switch input from CABLE, to Antenna/ATSC. Then re-scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.