Solved! BSOD cause ntoskrln.exe+231ab7

Lorenator

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Hi, just bought a new laptop (ASUS Rog Strix GL553-VE with Windows 10) and I have lately been getting BSOD's when under heavy load during loading screens in World of Warcraft while having chrome and/or other programs open at the same time.

I have ran a memory diagnostic and it came out with no issues, I have also updated to all latest gpu drivers (Nvidia and Intel).

I also tried to uninstall the bad driver as suggested by a thread while in safemode but that did not yield any result.
Pasted the .dmp file below.

http://

austintx1985

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
It sounds like you are simply using more resources than what the system can give you, causing it to crash. If WoW is causing the crash while you have other programs running in the background, try closing out those programs before running the game and see if that fixes your issue.

Lorenator

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014

I have already tried doing that and it doesn't help. Everytime I get the freeze on WoW I try to end the task via task manager and that only crashes the task manager aswell but other programs work fine for about 20 seconds then the BSOD comes.

kowika3

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
same issue here. i do have a gl553ve just like you. when i play rocket league and it freezes i want to close it with task manager but BSOD comes.. i am curious what would solve our issue. did you find anything?
thanks.