Solved! BSOD Dell Laptop

Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

Im currenty having a Dell Laptop 7567 with the following specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.8.1, 8/15/2018
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Graphic Card: GTX 1050 TI 4GB

I am currentyly using a clean fresh install version of Windows 10 from the Windows 10 i got from dell website.
All my drives are up to date.

I was receiving blue screen of death issues since 20/11/2018.I am facing BSOD when my laptop is unplug from the charger.When im using the laptop while charging it is running fine no BSOD.

i have booted windows 10 from my usb boot medium and tried to restore still same issues. Try to reset also same problem.There were different BSOD error codes that were appearing.

This are the errors.
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED tcpip.sys
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw06.sys

Please help guys!!!.

Solution
the memory dump was corrupted. All i can see is the system was up for 5 minutes
then got a stack overrun:
c0000409 (Security check failure or stack buffer overrun)
none of the debugger commands work on the memory dump.

sorry, nothing i can really get from this memory dump.

can you boot at all?
if not, then make a memtest86 image and test the memory system.

if you can boot, then run a Malwarebytes scan.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
network drivers do not automatically get set as the default driver. you might have to go into windows control panel, device manager, right mouse click to bring up properties, find the update driver button, select browse my computer for drivers, select the let me pick from a list of drivers, then pick a different version. (often they do not show the version numbers or dates but they are different versions)

my machine shows 12 of them all of them look the same. I generally have to use the pnputil.exe and delete the old versions so there is a much smaller list. (pretty stupid that you can not see the dates)

you can google "how to remove drivers from the driverstore using pnputil.exe" and you should find instrtuctions

you can also run autoruns to see the date of the driver you actually have running:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

you can also put your memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory onto a cloud server, share the files for public access and post a link. I can take a quick look with a windows debugger

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
also run a malwarebytes scan. the raw stack had a large amount of code that was not from windows.

provide the current memory dumps from c:\windows\minidump directory
and the kernel dump from c:\windows\memory.dmp file (if you have one)

you will have to put them on a cloud server,share the files for public access and post a link

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
the memory dump was corrupted. All i can see is the system was up for 5 minutes
then got a stack overrun:
c0000409 (Security check failure or stack buffer overrun)
none of the debugger commands work on the memory dump.

sorry, nothing i can really get from this memory dump.

can you boot at all?
if not, then make a memtest86 image and test the memory system.

if you can boot, then run a Malwarebytes scan.

Solution

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
ok, google "how to force a memory dump using a keyboard" then make the registry setting and force a memory dump while the system is working. I can take a look at the internal error logs and maybe see what the problem is before the sysstem crashes or becomes so messed up that the memory dump is corrutped when it is written to disk.

post a link to the new memory dump (of the working system) and I will see if there is something wrong with it.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I am not sure what is going on with your system but the debugger does not like your graphics driver or the network driver. you might try and revert back ot older versions.

also, the system shows a usb capture program running.
USBPcap.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\USBPcap.sys Sun Aug 20 11:11:49 2017

make sure this is something you installed and not some keylogger
you should also run a Malwarebytes scan if you have not done so.