BSOD is always in the corner...

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Hello guys,

I got BIG troubles, so my problem is that after a short period of time (from 1s to 5 min) the BSOD is always in the corner waiting for me...

After searching for a while (and that's damn long if you do it in the safe mode with the bad scrolling effect), I found a really nice tool from microsoft (embedded in the OS), the verifier (for verifying drivers) and the following message appeared
IO SY

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Sorry but the system don't let me reedit the message...

After searching for a while (and that's damn too long if you do it in the safe mode with the bad scrolling effect), I found a really nice tool from microsoft (embedded in the OS), the verifier (for verifying drivers) and the following message appeared
IO SYSTEM VERIFICATION ERROR in wmiacpi.sys (WDM DRIVER ERROR 20e) [wmiacpi.sys + 152f at BA2EC52F]
The only problem is that I can translate it in (wtf) driver is causing the problem...

The computer was formatted and this is a clean installation, I also uninstalled all the drivers (the nVidia based included the VGA one) and reinstalled them without the success of a stable computer.

The computer is new so I didn't had the time to change the computer hardware description in the profile...

ASUS Crosshair Formula II, AMD x2 6000+, Coolermaster 520W Real Power, 4x1Gb TwinMos Twister, XFX 8800GT XXX Alpha Dog, Creative SB X-Fi Gamer Fatal1ty, WinXp Pro SP3.

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
OK for the information, I got for a short period a stable state without a BSOD, and until now I just tracked down and disabled (kill it for be more precise) ntune 6.02 from nvidia...

I got the hitch from the event viewer (NVR0FLASHDev service).
I will update if this not the problem.

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
The GPU is not a problem...
Worked and work fine within the last 5 months.

I think that nVidia should work some more with its ntune...

Never had problems with Asus Utilities (except the damned aacenter bug).
New hardware releases (so for software) and still big problems...so I don't think they testing their hardware too much before launching them to the market [agressive tactics, for not fall behind] (so they waiting for reports and AFTER that they are correcting their problems...)

And as you can see by yourself is that after a while they stop to work on each hardware and set off a unified driver...

Ok, I'm stopping complaining.

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Message from the verifier:

IO SYSTEM VERIFICATION ERROR in wmiacpi.sys (WDM DRIVER ERROR 20e)
[wmiacpi.sys+152f at BA3AC52F] in the first run it was:
[wmiacpi.sys+152f at BA2EC52F]

The problem is that I cannot find a database to find an interpretation...
Yahoo, Google does not return any pages.

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Ok, after a day in search for a solution and 3 pass of MemTest.

I think that I find a lead to my problem...

I didn't encounter anymore BSOD after setting the ACPI state that the mainboard can enable to 2 of the 3 possible.
The ACPI state can be set as S1, S3, S1&S3, so I think that the last state is only for Windows Vista and not for Win XP.
And for so more, now the configuration action for the sleep button appear in the menu of Power Options in the advanced tab.

So say we all, I will reply again if that's not the problem solution...I hope not lol

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
BSOD find me to the next corner...

I hoped for a while...

I really don't know what it is, and I got enough to run tests (Memtest, SuperPi, HDD utilities (with smart info + block per block check), normal CPU reading temp (PC wizard and CoreTemp) and more of them (I don't even remember).

Still the system look stable without the downstep of the CPU freq (Cool'n'Quiet) from AMD even if I updated the damned driver and the Dual Core Optimizer...

Anyone with a proposal is welcome...

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
OK for now I don't have encounter more BSOD's, and that's only after I disabled (not in the BIOS) but by not choose the option for minimal power management and so not enabling the Cool and quiet function of AMD...

Sο for me, that's the end of the C'n'Q use...

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Ok, I'm reporting that the mainboard and the OS is ROCK solid now for about 3 month.

And except for the loss of energy efficiency for our little green planet (no way that I use this C'n'Q again, for this board/processor at least), everything rolls smooth.