NVIDIA GPU not working!

Jun 15, 2018
Hello guys! So here is my problem. Long story short, I updated my laptop Win 10 to latest build, 1803 and everything was working fine, till one day that I got a notification from Nvidia GeForce Experience that a new drive update was available. So like always, I downloaded the driver and installed it. And than after a few minutes my laptop, freezed and showed me Blue Screen of Death (never happened before, ever). So the laptop restarted and after that still BSOD. I read the code that was causing that and was a driver failure. So I booted on Safe Mode and uninstalled the Nvidia driver and after the restart everything was working fine. So I thought to go back in the previous driver that I was using. I downloaded, installed, and after installation, boom, blue screen of death again. So I repeated what I did before, safe mode and driver uninstall... After that I thought going back to the previous version of the Win I was using would solve the problem, so I did that but whenever I install a Nvidia driver the laptop shows me the Blue Screen of Death, and I can't use anymore my NVidia GPU for games or programs. My laptop has a 2GB GeForce GT 740M dedicated video card and 4GB Intel shared one. What you guys suggest me to do? Thanks in advance!

Solution
I am not an expert in this area worth anything so dont take my word for it but an assumption could possibly be that the new drivers are not optimized for your specific gpu at the moment so i would recommend that you give it till the next driver update to update it so that a stable release will be available
Jun 24, 2018
I am not an expert in this area worth anything so dont take my word for it but an assumption could possibly be that the new drivers are not optimized for your specific gpu at the moment so i would recommend that you give it till the next driver update to update it so that a stable release will be available

Solution

TRENDING THREADS