Budget Laptop For Video Editing (~$400)

screecwe

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Ok, I know, that budget is insane. My cousin is starting college and needs a laptop that is capable of video editing. It doesn't need to be amazing at it, just capable as it would be for school work.

I told my aunt that she should be looking in the $800-$1200 range, but this is all they have to spend. And frankly, I'm not great at picking budget machines.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
in all honestly, a laptop that would actually improve your rendering times for video editing would cost far too much. Furthermore almost any machine can run video editing software - heck I can run sony vegas 12 on 1GB of DDR2 for a machine :L . So pretty much any laptop will do the same job. Any laptop with say an I3 and 4GB of ram will do the job.
in all honestly, a laptop that would actually improve your rendering times for video editing would cost far too much. Furthermore almost any machine can run video editing software - heck I can run sony vegas 12 on 1GB of DDR2 for a machine :L . So pretty much any laptop will do the same job. Any laptop with say an I3 and 4GB of ram will do the job.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS