Build an Ultimate HTPC with all entertainment Function in one single Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubham_41

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
I want to Build an Ultimate HTPC with all entertainment Function in one single Box

The features are :-

i. 4K Support.

ii. 3D Active/Passive, 3D Side by Side videos which can be played from the Internal HDD by selecting the File from PC. Blu Ray Optional.

iii.5.1 Dolby Surround Sound (PCI card).

iv. I have an Satellite TV (STB) Receiver (Videocon D2h) which has an HDMI output I want this STB HDMI output to get Connected in the HTPC so that I can watch my TV from HTPC itself by selecting TV option from HTPC.
I've heard about the TV Tuner Card with HDMI but I'm confused how to use it.

v. Microsoft Remote and Receiver and XBOX controller optional.

I can add more features if there are

Thank you.

Solution
You won't be able to connect the output of the STB via HDMI to the PC. It's copyguard protected. Any video card you find that has HDMI inputs (not common except for expensive video editing) is not compatible.
TV tuner card would be for free over the air (with antenna) or cable (with cable card from the provider). If the STB provider allows for internet streaming then that would work.
You won't be able to connect the output of the STB via HDMI to the PC. It's copyguard protected. Any video card you find that has HDMI inputs (not common except for expensive video editing) is not compatible.
TV tuner card would be for free over the air (with antenna) or cable (with cable card from the provider). If the STB provider allows for internet streaming then that would work.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.