Bungie Looking for Beta Testers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]qu3becker[/nom]Free game testing, geez, I'm a paid functionality game tester and that mean less job for us.[/citation] I doubt it. Assuming you know what you're doing there are certain things that you're going to be able to find and report that the average gamer, or even the serious enthusiast, won't.

You'll be finding real bugs while half of these people are whining about things being "broken" due to a lack of skill. The only game company I know of where external playtesters are more effective than internal ones is Games Workshop, and the license their video game rights out to regular studios anyway.

As far as PC vs. console goes, my answer is simple- pick the right machine for the right job. If I want to play an FPS or a high-end Euro/American RPG, I'll start my PC, and if I want to play old-school platforming goodness or Rock Band I'll fire up a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.