Bungie Releases Official Halo Reach Screenshots

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Whole Halo series is overhyped. I played Halo on first XBOX, then H2 on PC and Halo 3 on X360. Fun for few evenings, but mostly annoying due to gamepad controls. All weapons and enemies are either "I've seen it in 500 games before" or Disney-lookalike plastic colorful toys.

Nah, not interested.

tikrjee

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]Scratching head here. Halo 3 was one of the biggest selling games of all time, and is still one of the most played games on Xbox Live. What exactly are you suggesting?[/citation]
I never said it wasn't successful. What I said was it was a disappointment. Breezing through the campaign in 7 hours on Legendary... I expected much, much more. I know it's a great online game. Exact same can be said for MW2. But both titles seem to have expected people wouldn't care too much about the campaign.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Halo remains the only series on xbox the supports 4 player split screen online.

I love four player split screen. If they have to sacrific graphics for 4 player then I've got no problem with that. I really wish they'd bring out a new console already.

I bought a ps3 and Warhawk for another 4 player split screen online game. As far as I know that's the only two. If you know of another let me know and I'll buy it.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Microsoft doesn't support Games for PC, you KNOW that!

Less and less games for PC = Less reason to have a PC, much less a $400 graphics card.

Yeah-- Piracy is too bad. Maybe if all the Pirates go after the consoles now us paying PC gamers would have a chance.

G

[citation][nom]tikrjee[/nom]I never said it wasn't successful. What I said was it was a disappointment. Breezing through the campaign in 7 hours on Legendary... I expected much, much more. I know it's a great online game. Exact same can be said for MW2. But both titles seem to have expected people wouldn't care too much about the campaign.[/citation]

Fair comment, and I guess it depends on your play style. I do prefer quality over quantity and Bungie have always been purveyors of really high quality game design, in my opinion. Halo 3 lasted me a fortnight as casual "1 hour an evening" gamer.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Moniker[/nom]Man, you people never cease to amaze me. You're never satisfied. No matter what the developers come up with...it's never enough. After all you guys know better. You must be experts in everything. If you aren't satisfied it must naturally follow that NO ONE will be satisfied! Gee. I wonder why the developers don't cut to the chase and just run everything past you...the source code, the marketing, the packaging and the right distribution channels. That should all be easy for you EXPERTS.[/citation]
I agree.. there are many factors involed in the production of a video game and while most here might not be experts, these post are from potential clients...remember..customer criticism needs to be taken seriously.
With all the competition for our dollars...no company can afford your type of attitude...even though I agree..that most are clueless of the amount of work involved to get these products to the consumer.
old school.. "the customer is always right" .. rings very true.

m man

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Man Bungie never seems to stop amazing me. Too bad this is the last Halo game but bungie had to move on eventually. Can't wait to see what they will come up with next.

justbrae1

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]dragunover[/nom]400 dollar graphics card?I could get one for 50 on newegg which gets better shit than this.[/citation]
I'll bet my life you couldn't find a graphics card that runs it decent for under $100 at 720p at 30 FPS or better.

G

Oh wow, look at all the haters on this post talking like they know a thing or two about graphics... what a joke.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]justbrae1[/nom]I'll bet my life you couldn't find a graphics card that runs it decent for under $100 at 720p at 30 FPS or better.[/citation]

HIS Radeon HD 4670 IceQ 1 GB, $84.99. Plays Mass Effect all high 1680x1050, Far Cry high settings 1680x1050, so. All butter smooth. For 50? Nah, definitely not. But Under $100, yes.

justbrae1

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]HIS Radeon HD 4670 IceQ 1 GB, $84.99. Plays Mass Effect all high 1680x1050, Far Cry high settings 1680x1050, so. All butter smooth. For 50? Nah, definitely not. But Under $100, yes.[/citation]
At 1280x1024 High Quality No AA it averages less than 30 FPS... and you think you are going to get 1680x1050?...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
unreal Engine 3 games can be as colorful as the developer or map designer decides.

When it comes to combat games, they tend to aim for realistic grays, browns and greens.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Moniker[/nom]Man, you people never cease to amaze me. You're never satisfied. No matter what the developers come up with...it's never enough. After all you guys know better. You must be experts in everything. If you aren't satisfied it must naturally follow that NO ONE will be satisfied! Gee. I wonder why the developers don't cut to the chase and just run everything past you...the source code, the marketing, the packaging and the right distribution channels. That should all be easy for you EXPERTS.[/citation]
Of course we're never satisfied, that's what attracts many of us to the world of technology, because something is always being improved, and at a rather rapid rate.
Crysis looks like shit, I want 64xAA, 64xAF, 6480x3840 resolution (three 4k [3840x2160] monitors) as a standards, running on a 8GHz octocore with HT and a ATI 7870 16GB DDR7 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.