Bungie's New Project is ''Destiny''; PC Probable

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
I for one, am excited. It would be amazing if they could link Console and PC gamers so we could all play on one network.
Would never happen though..

G

WTF last week they said it would never come to the pc, look at halo who want to play an fps on the computer? or something was the word from bungie last week.

MaXimus421

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
MMO's are all about to adopt the Free2Play feature. Which I for one am looking forward to.

Look what it's done for SWTOR. It's getting a decent user base again and the devs are listening to the fans. The only time you pay for something is to for upgrades.

This brings new players to the game, and forces the devs to work hard to put out better content since they need your money even more (since its free to play, duh).

Good luck with Destiny Bungie!

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
a good pc shooter is extremely difficult to make with the developer only focusing on making it work for the pc. If it isn't designed to be played by the pc and is only pc compatible, then the chances of it actually be a good pc shooter is close to nil.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]MaXimus421[/nom]MMO's are all about to adopt the Free2Play feature. Which I for one am looking forward to.Look what it's done for SWTOR. It's getting a decent user base again and the devs are listening to the fans. The only time you pay for something is to for upgrades. This brings new players to the game, and forces the devs to work hard to put out better content since they need your money even more (since its free to play, duh).Good luck with Destiny Bungie![/citation]

Wrong about all going to F2P, only the bad ones are. This is a fact. SW:TOR is still bad, the only reason why it still has players is because of two words in it's name, Star Wars.

And no the devs are not listening to the playerbase.

But you I'll let your head explode when you try to explain EVE Online.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
The Traveler? Nonsense! That moon is clearly from The Fifth Element! It is unmistakable evil stopped by the hot alien girl with orange hair. Somebody pour more chocolate on Gary Oldman's head already!

Goodbye Bungie. Thanks for all the great Halo memories. I feel that Destiny will meet the same fate as the last console FPS MMO, Huxley. That one wiped out its developers and failed. Bungie has got a great concept art pitch, but until I see solid gameplay I won't get my hopes up. I think they are in over their heads with new and unfamiliar IP that may not capture the attention of the masses.

457undead

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]The Traveler? Nonsense! That moon is clearly from The Fifth Element! It is unmistakable evil stopped by the hot alien girl with orange hair. Somebody pour more chocolate on Gary Oldman's head already!Goodbye Bungie. Thanks for all the great Halo memories. I feel that Destiny will meet the same fate as the last console FPS MMO, Huxley. That one wiped out its developers and failed. Bungie has got a great concept art pitch, but until I see solid gameplay I won't get my hopes up. I think they are in over their heads with new and
unfamiliar IP that may not capture the attention of the masses.[/citation]
k.

You realize that MAYBE if this game turns out to be bad it's not the end of the world and you have to stop playing their games, right?

technicalbass

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Could care less about Bungie ever since they ditched taking Halo to PC first and nerfed the graphics and released it for the original xbox instead. Not to mention how awful the PC port was when it finally did get released.

Consoles are lamesauce.

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
If it's designed primarily for a console then no thanks. The last thing we need is another console FPS that's ported to PC and features graphics that are 3~4 years old, flat levels and severely limited FoV. If it's designed for PC with large open levels that include vertical elements then the PC guys are gonna love it but the console people will scream for blood.

Currently I only know of ONE MMO that's gotta consoles and PC's to play on the same server, and right now the console version is holding back game development.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]457undead[/nom]k.You realize that MAYBE if this game turns out to be bad it's not the end of the world and you have to stop playing their games, right?[/citation]
You should read and watch the interviews with Bungie employees before quoting me next time. They are betting the company on Destiny. If it fails they shut down. They are betting everything on this project becoming as big as Halo and WOW combined. I think it's a foolish move that is excessively risky with new and unproven IP. Persistent and MMO console games have a history of failure and killing companies. I'd rather see Bungie produce a bunch of fun games spanning multiple IP or genres rather than throwing all their eggs in one basket with Destiny. I do absolutely want to keep playing their games, and that's the point you missed. Hard to play their future games if the company bankrupts itself.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Seeing how Bungie's roots is on the PC and now that they are no longer owned and controlled by Microsoft it's pretty obvious that they will have a PC release of it. Hopefully Bungie makes another great game.

Now the survivors owe their spared lives to the mysterious "Traveler" who sacrificed its own life to save theirs

Praise space Jesus!

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
FFXI does that.
Console and PC all play on the same servers, for the entire world. It mixes not only console players from PS2 and 360 with the PC players, but also regions, Japan, NA, Europe (Several languages, including French and German I believe) all play on the same servers as each other.

It can work. It's just a matter of IF the developer/publisher, is willing to do it.

[citation][nom]wannabepro[/nom]I for one, am excited. It would be amazing if they could link Console and PC gamers so we could all play on one network.Would never happen though..[/citation]

Halo PC was an awful port?
It worked great for me, I never had any trouble at all on several systems. Halo 2 for xbox doesn't like the 360 though, awful graphical bugs that make it nearly unplayable. I assume bungie did the emulator though.

But bungie didn't handle the PC port, Gearbox did.

[citation][nom]technicalbass[/nom]Not to mention how awful the PC port was when it finally did get released.Consoles are lamesauce.[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.