Burn and go nitro " Freeze"

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I installed a program Burn and go nitro cd/dvd on my pC. When I press the burn button my PC will freeze and I have to press reset because nothing works. I run a clean system, up to date drivers critical updates and no spyware.This is waht the company wants me to do to try and get it to work."Dear Burn & Go Nitro CD/DVD Customer,

Thank you for your recent communication. If previously installed, please uninstall the program by using the Add/Remove Programs function found in your Control Panel.

The cd may have static on it. You may need to run the cd under warm water and rub it gently with your fingertips. To dry the cd, dab it with a paper towel, be careful not to rub the cd it will become scratched. Let the cd sit until completely dry and try to run the install again.

You may want to double check the critical updates for your Windows Operating System from Microsoft at: http://www.microsoft.com/ms.htm Click on Downloads and then select Windows Update from the drop down menu. Click on scan for updates. Download and install the Critical updates for your computer (at ValuSoft, we also download and install the recommended updates as well).

Improve your computers performance by doing a Disk Cleanup. Go to START / Programs / Accessories / System Tools. Select Disk Cleanup - make sure your hard drive is selected. Depending on the last time you did this - it could possibly run for up to a few hours.

Disable any anti-virus software that may be running, make sure that you are logged in with Administrator rights.

Open up the "My Computer" icon and right click on your hard drive and select properties. In the properties screen select the tools tab and then in the error checking section select "check now". When the Check Local Disk window appears select both "Automatically fix errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

You do not have to select both every time but if you have not run this in a while or ever the first time will need both. This will require a reboot and will take a while depending on system speed and file damage. Do not skip past the disk check on reboot, or the disk repair will not take place.

Next Go to START / Programs / Accessories / System Tools. Select Disk Defrag. This will put your hard drive in logical order and repair errors. This should optimize your hard drive for best performance.

Now install the program.

Let us know how it goes. ValuSoft is committed to customer satisfaction.

If you have received any other error messages that you have not relayed to us please do so if these instructions have not solved your issue please be sure to include the all text and numbers as exactly as you can.

Regards,
ValuSoft Tech Support"

Msi K7N2Delta LSR
1gig kingston 2700DDR
120 Maxtor 7200 HD
FX 5200 EVGA 128 meg/128 bit
48X Plex writer
Sony DVD Burner
2800 Barton

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Some of these burning programs will conflict with each other. If you have any other burning software installed try uninstalling it first, then install the new program.

....WW (5.0)