buying 2.1 speaker for LCD TV

Deepak8822

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Solution
Two things you need to check.
1. That the speaker has an input compatible with the audio out of the TV. Many TVs only has optical audio output. While it's common on soundbars it may not be on 2.1 speakers.
2. The output of the TV may be fixed volume so the TV remote won't adjust the volume. If the speakers don't have their own volume control and remote it could be inconvenient. Usually a headphone output will be variable so you could use that if you have one to connect the speakers.
I disagree with juanrdp and think ANYTHING is better than a TV's built-in.

Not gonna spend time looking at your choices. Only going to tell you if this was me, I'd look for the L+R with the largest driver (cone diameter) to have the bess bass, the more powerful in watt for buck$, and if not asking too much I like my subs to be sealed speakers and not bass reflect port for more accurate delivery. Last one is the lowest of my priorities. Also I don't recommend down-firing subs unless you are living in a concrete+steel building and/or don't care annoying people around you. PLUS if sub gain controllable via remote because you won't be able to do it via TV.

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Well, you will get more powerfull bass? sure, will get a trash meds and highs? probably as i've seen headsets with larger drivers.
Will get a significant upgrade in sound quality? I seriously doubt it.

Two things you need to check.
1. That the speaker has an input compatible with the audio out of the TV. Many TVs only has optical audio output. While it's common on soundbars it may not be on 2.1 speakers.
2. The output of the TV may be fixed volume so the TV remote won't adjust the volume. If the speakers don't have their own volume control and remote it could be inconvenient. Usually a headphone output will be variable so you could use that if you have one to connect the speakers.

Solution