Buying a Lenovo Legion Y520, can't decide which variant...

raihandewana

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
Hi, i'm a student living in europe. I'm planning to buy a budget gaming laptop. After some research i have decided to buy the Lenovo Legion Y520. The only problem is, i can't decide which variant with these gpu's to buy.

1050 2gb @800€ (~951$)
1050 4gb @850€ (~1010$)
1050 ti 4gb @950€ (~1130$)
(Yeah, it's that expensive here)

If i wanted more power of course I will go with the 1050 ti, but is it worth the extra money? I could be flexible with the budget, but if it's not worth it, then i'm not buying it.
Or if you guys have any suggestion for other laptops with similiar price and specs i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

1. What is your budget?
- around those price points
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
- 13 to 15 inch
3. What screen resolution do you want?
- 1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
- portable, but gaming capable
5. How much battery life do you need?
- any
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
- i mostly play esport games(CSGO, Dota 2, etc), but also play AAA games (battlefield1, dark souls 3, etc). I prefer playing at least in medium settings, resolution doesn't matter.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
- programming, doesn't need too much power
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
- 1 terabytes, i can add SSD later if the laptop doesn't come with one
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
- any sites in germany
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
- 3 to 4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
- none
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
- for now Lenovo after some research, other than that any brand would do
13. What country do you live in?
- germany
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
- none

raihandewana

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

sadly i can't find any units with 1060 at those price. Do you think it's worth the extra 150€ for the 1050 ti compared to the 1050 2gb one? I'm having doubts since the desktop version have a smaller gap, around 40-50€ more for the 1050 ti.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from raihandewana : "Notebook 1050 2gb vs 1050 4gb vs 1050 ti"