buying a new ssd

NewGuy00

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
Hello,
I'm thinking about buying an SSD drive. If i do, i want to be able to enjoy the maximum performance that they offer since they are rather expensive. So i want to find out whether my laptop is SATA III 6GB/s compatible or just has SATA II 3GB/s.
I have an Sony Vaio VGN-FW48E, MoBo is ich8m southbridge, it's currently running a sata 1.5gb/s with Radeon HD 4650, Duo Core 2GHz, 500GB HDD and a Blu-ray disc drive. Whilst i know that all of these stats don't mean a thing in terms of SATA but thought it might help identify exactly what i might need.
Any help is much appreciated.

Solution
The OCZ Arch 100 or the Crucial Mx100 would be my recommendations. However last year Samsung made some of the best SSD's so if you want to save a few bucks maybe pick one of them up.

To give you some background I run 2 OCZ SSD's in a RAID setup and they are very reliable.

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
The OCZ Arch 100 or the Crucial Mx100 would be my recommendations. However last year Samsung made some of the best SSD's so if you want to save a few bucks maybe pick one of them up.

To give you some background I run 2 OCZ SSD's in a RAID setup and they are very reliable.

Solution