Buying a new Ultrabook

linyvat2

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Im starting college soon so im gonna need a new laptop. My budget is around 1500$. Its kinda too much for student but im going to use it for many years. I want a thin, light laptop that fit in my backpack easily. And of course, long lasting battery. I like playing but what's light game? Is it okay for Visual novel? I love playing those kind of game. And then there are the core and ram stuff. I dont know much about that. But we can change ram later right? Well, i just want a fast laptop. And it'd be nice if it has a thin bazel. Or infinityedge if that's what it call. That's all.
Thanks so much in advance for your help.

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
XPS 15 > 13 imo. You get a more power cpu/gpu and it's form factor is about 13" due to the narrow bezel.

On the cheaper side there's the Ideapad 720s for about $900 usd right now, with i7-8550u ad mx150 gpu. More than enough to handle casual gaming and anything else you throw at it. Also has a 14" narrow bezel display making the footprint only 12.5" and 0.62mm thick (xps 13 is 0.6)

It sounds like for what you want something like the Ideapad may be more suitable. No need to spend $1500 when you can get a notebook for $1000 that'll fit all your needs.