buying a Surface pro 2017 and putting manjaro kde linux on it possible?

Josephlovestech45

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
i hope to run it natively thus replacing windows 10 install on the device. i dont mind if the touch screen doesnt work right with linux im just wondering if thw wifi and type cover will work fine?

Solution

Most likely it can. Make your Linux USB and reboot into boot options while holding shift and pressing restart. Then go to advanced menu then access UEFI settings. Disable Secure Boot and remove Windows Boot Manager as options. Also, if I remember correctly, the Surfaces use N-Trig for stylus support. Ubuntu can add N-Trig support.

Yeah, find me a cheaper tablet that you can put...

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013

Most likely it can. Make your Linux USB and reboot into boot options while holding shift and pressing restart. Then go to advanced menu then access UEFI settings. Disable Secure Boot and remove Windows Boot Manager as options. Also, if I remember correctly, the Surfaces use N-Trig for stylus support. Ubuntu can add N-Trig support.

Yeah, find me a cheaper tablet that you can put Linux on? That's right; there's none. They all use Atom x86 CPUs and therefore a different bootloader.

Solution