Solved! Buying Advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fluffyuk

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I am thinking of buying a new laptop which will hopefully be a DELL Studio XPS 16. Standars spec shown below:

Software & Services
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8700 (3MB cache/2.53GHz/1066Mhz FSB)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Edge-to-Edge FHD Widescreen 15.6 inch WLED LCD (1920x1080) W/2.0 MP

4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1067MHz (2 Dimms)

500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 3670 - 512MB

6-cell Battery

So my questions are:
I was thinking about upgrading the graphics to the (ATI Mobility RADEON™ HD 4670 – 1GB) but didnt know if it was a good graphics card which was worth the extra $100

Are there any other upgrades which you can suggest would be benefitial to my sysem.

Are there any other laptops around the same price ($1049) that would match or beat the system.

I heard you should also buy the advanced warrenty so after two years you can drop it and get a new one?

I was thinking about buying the system for day to day use,gaming also something that would last for a couple of years in trodays climate.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.
Josh Higginson

fluffyuk

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Nice everyone likes a good deal ! I dont know how you guys do it but thanks so much for all your help!

As there are no reviews on the Asus yet I think im going to hold out until it come out unless anyone can tell me (speculating) how more inpressive the GPU will be as there are no stats so I dont know if it will be a decent card.

TRENDING THREADS