David Van

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
Hello Everyone. I need help on deciding which laptop to buy. I need your advice. I got two laptops on mind. Both Lenovo brands.

Lenovo Z5070 59-418188
Specs:
INTEL Core i7-4510U)
4GB DDRIII 1600
1TB SATA HDD
NVIDIA GT840 4GB DDR3

Lenovo Z510 59-403399
Specs:
Intel Core i7-4702MQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz)
2GB Nvidia GeForce GT740M
4GB Dual Channel DDR3L1600 MHz
1TB HDD 5400 RPM

Some other specs are almost same.

I'm pretty much stuck in deciding because of the processors and the graphics card.

Hope you could help me on this one. Thank YOU!!!

Warukyure

Estimable
What are you planning on using it for? Work? School? Games?

Is the Y50's out of your price range?

If it really came down to it and someone pointed a gun at me to pick one, I'd say the Lenovo Z5070 59-418188. While it does have a weaker i7, and its missing 2 cores (i7-XXXXU's are only dual core and are clocked lower compared to the standard i7's), it does have a longer battery life, it does have a slightly better graphics card (lets face it, they both suck either way unless you play old or indie games, in which they are fine) with more VRAM.

David Van

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
Thank You for the reply @Warukyure !!!

I'm planning to use it for school for now, and for work then of course.

I haven't really researched about Y50's really.

Actually, the battery of both is just the same. 4 Cell.
Which is really better(atleast)? 2 GB Geforce GT740M or 4 GB Geforce 840M???

Warukyure

Estimable
If you're using it for school depending on how old/crappy your campus is, then I would still say the Z5070 59-418188 is better. Much more efficient CPU so you'll get longer battery life. Also battery tech and component power draw has come such a long way in the past few years that cells don't mean anything. If you're plugged in and just want to play a game it is adequate to do so. Won't be FANTASTIC gaming but it should play I'd say 80% out there.

If you were using this on battery very rarely then I would switch to the other model. The other model has a much faster CPU so if you're running multiple things or need the extra CPU, such as running something like a CAD program. Unless you plan to game then this model can suit most practical purposes.

Warukyure

Estimable
If it REALLY came down to it.... I'd go for the Lenovo Z5070 59-418188. While they each have their benefits, this one does have more OVERALL benefits.

Now before you hit the buy button, what is your budget and are you in North America? (Yes Canada counts)

David Van

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
I'm in Asia actually. Philippines :)

Hmmm, I'm kinda not sure anyway. It's just that 4510U has 2 cores and 4 threads, while 4702MQ has 4 cores and 8 threads, in the long run doesn't that really excel.

Budget would be around $1100 and no more.

Warukyure

Estimable
Like you said much earlier if you're just using it for work and school the i7-4510U is more than enough for School/Work. The GT 840M is based on Maxwell so it should be even more energy efficient than the GT 740M.

The i7-4702MQ does look fast but what would you really do? I have the much older i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz), even while playing a game, barely goes over like 40% ever.

Warukyure

Estimable
The Y50 might be a bit more expensive than either of those 2 models but it'll be much better in terms of graphical loads. If you're gonna game or use graphic programs that take advantage of the GPU than its a much better laptop. Again if you're just using it for School/Work the video card is unnecessary. If you want to unload stress with playing things like CS:GO, LoL, WoW, whatever floats your boat then this a good model. Can even get an i5 model to save some money.

Kumar Jaising

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015