Question Buzzing noise when loading or playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2020
I recently got myself a 3060Ti and have been really loving it apart from the fact that there is this new buzzing noise coming through my headset. My PC is very quiet but my headset is now making a buzzing noise in my ears when I am loading or in my inventory or even when playing. My old GPU was a 2060 super and I had no problems at all. I have updated all my drivers and the problem is still there. I was thinking of getting a wireless headset in hopes of fixing this but I am not sure I want to make the purchase yet and want to see if there is a way to fix this problem. I also checked multiple times to make sure nothing was broken and that everything was plugged and there didn't seem to be any issues.

which headset is it? How is it connected to your PC?

use ddu uninstaller and reinstall the latest nvidia.com driver

install the latest sound driver for your motherboard/sound card

update the BIOS of your motherboard

which power supply are you using? brand and model

Dec 14, 2020
which headset is it? How is it connected to your PC?

use ddu uninstaller and reinstall the latest nvidia.com driver

install the latest sound driver for your motherboard/sound card

update the BIOS of your motherboard

which power supply are you using? brand and model
My headset is the Astro A10 and I use the Front Panel the Back Ports don't work for my headset for some reason

and I have updated all the drivers for my pc but I will try the DDU uninstaller but the thing is this noise does not happen when I use my other GPU

and my PSU is an EVGA BR 700 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Dec 14, 2020
Are you using the PC-Splitter-cable ?
no, I was using one on my old pc since there was a Mic and Headset port but I did not need to for this pc since there was only one front panel port and there were no problems

I tried the splitter on the rear ports when first setting up my current pc with my other gpu but it never worked and I was never able to speak or hear through the motherboard headset ports. It even messed up my front panel connections somehow and I had to change a lot of settings in order to get it to work for my headset. I even had a 3.5mm to USB and that didn't help me either but I don't have it anymore.

I also tried with another headset and the problem was the same I will try again with a splitter soon since I don't have one on me right now and let you know what happens

My pc case is the NZXT H510 if that helps

Mar 29, 2021
I have a similar issue. Although my issue only appeared to occur after I switched from a rack mounted PC back to a desktop. I have only changed 2 items in the chain. The sound card is now the Audient ID14MKii & I have installed a new Gelid Phantom 2x120mm cooler. The issue is, as best I can figure out, down to the graphics card. The level of noise varies depending on the game being played and the demand on the GPU at any given time. AC Valhalla it is unbearably loud. Far Cry 5 a little more tolerable.

I found an older thread, now closed, that gave me a solution that worked (posted by E_Hawley) out of many offered (Link below). The solution was to move the PC power cable to a different circuit in the power system of my apartment. (I only have 2 circuits available as it is a small apartment). I did this after trying just about everything else. Reinstalling software/drivers etc., moving to different sockets, moving cabling around and so on. The only thing that eliminated the noise was switching to the other circuit.

However, this solution is not possible for me. I use my set up for recording and audio work. I had to move my fridge/freezer to the other circuit as it was causing issues everytime the compressor kicked in and out. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Noise on one circuit and Screen flicker and noise disruption when fridge kicks in.

So my question is this. Apart from Ferrite Attenuators, are their any devices I can introduce in the chain that will eliminate the noise? I live in Ireland which uses the same power outlets as the UK.

Link to previous post: https://forums.tomsguide.com/thread...-only-when-playing-games.318580/#post-1715325

System:
Asus Strix B550E Gaming
Ryzen 7 3700X
Gelid Phantom 2x120mm Cooler
Corsair HXi750 Platinum
16gb DDR4 Corsair LPX 3600mhz
Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC
M.2 NVME Corsair Force MP510
2tb Seagate Barracuda x 2
Audient ID14MKii
KRK Rokit 5's

Thanks in advance for any advice offered! 🤘😎

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I have a similar issue. Although my issue only appeared to occur after I switched from a rack mounted PC back to a desktop. I have only changed 2 items in the chain. The sound card is now the Audient ID14MKii & I have installed a new Gelid Phantom 2x120mm cooler. The issue is, as best I can figure out, down to the graphics card. The level of noise varies depending on the game being played and the demand on the GPU at any given time. AC Valhalla it is unbearably loud. Far Cry 5 a little more tolerable.

I found an older thread, now closed, that gave me a solution that worked (posted by E_Hawley) out of many offered (Link below). The solution was to move the PC power cable to a different circuit in the power system of my apartment. (I only have 2 circuits available as it is a small apartment). I did this after trying just about everything else. Reinstalling software/drivers etc., moving to different sockets, moving cabling around and so on. The only thing that eliminated the noise was switching to the other circuit.

However, this solution is not possible for me. I use my set up for recording and audio work. I had to move my fridge/freezer to the other circuit as it was causing issues everytime the compressor kicked in and out. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Noise on one circuit and Screen flicker and noise disruption when fridge kicks in.

So my question is this. Apart from Ferrite Attenuators, are their any devices I can introduce in the chain that will eliminate the noise? I live in Ireland which uses the same power outlets as the UK.

Link to previous post: https://forums.tomsguide.com/thread...-only-when-playing-games.318580/#post-1715325

System:
Asus Strix B550E Gaming
Ryzen 7 3700X
Gelid Phantom 2x120mm Cooler
Corsair HXi750 Platinum
16gb DDR4 Corsair LPX 3600mhz
Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC
M.2 NVME Corsair Force MP510
2tb Seagate Barracuda x 2
Audient ID14MKii
KRK Rokit 5's

Thanks in advance for any advice offered! 🤘😎
You really should start your own thread. As this is PC related, I suggest going to our sister site for greater coverage:

Reactions: Kev C
Status
Not open for further replies.