C Disk Folders

Imen__

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I was intending to register some pictures on my PC on a given folder but I realized then that they were automatically saved on C:/Users/AppData/Temp , I can only see the folder when trying to register pics again, but when I go and look for it, there's not Appdata folder in Users, how can I find them ?

Solution

Click on My Computer
Click on your disk drive (C:\ )
paste this in the top address bar of that window
C:\Users\Poupa\AppData\Local\Temp\

bjornl

Estimable
I'm pretty sure you typed the path wrong. It should be something like C:\users\"your-log-in-name"\appdata\temp
To get there just go to file explorer (if you don't know how to find this, it is normally the yellow icon at the bottom right that looks like a folder)
In the top pane type C:\users\"your-log-in-name"\appdata\temp but replace "your-log-in-name" with your login name. If it was the same as your display name here it would be C:\users\Imen__\appdata\temp\
That location also has a shortcut (alias) which is %temp% which you could type instead of the longer path. Don't leave important files in TEMP only temporary files should be there.

JKKdev

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Just an addon: a shortcut for AppData is %APPDATA% which you can use in search bar to open the AppData folder.

bjornl

Estimable

Which is true but seems not relevant since according to the OP the files are in %temp%. Going to a directory two levels up would seem to just not be very helpful. %USERPROFILE% would get them to the directory above that, but why would they want to?

JKKdev

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
True, however my way of thinking was that as they couldn't locate the AppData folder to navigate to their goal I though I'd provide a way for them to continue their search from the point they got stuck at. Just my two cents.

Imen__

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
Yes it is : C:\Users\Poupa\AppData\Local\Temp\EZFreeware , it gives nothing when I copy it in the research bar and I didn't know how to find the file explorer, a yellow icon at the bottom right of the desktop ?? Thanks for helping!

bjornl

Estimable

Click on My Computer
Click on your disk drive (C:\ )
paste this in the top address bar of that window
C:\Users\Poupa\AppData\Local\Temp\

Solution