cable for beats headphones

computerwiz1101

Honorable
May 12, 2013
Hi i recently bought beats studio and i'm loving them so far, well the cable that comes with the beats, (the red one),i've never seen on any other headphones and i'm just wondering if my audio experience could be better if i upgrade my cable to somthing better, thank you.

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
Nope. Won't change a thing.
Of course, many think that it does change the sound. These are usually the people who don't understand how placebo works.

computerwiz1101

Honorable
May 12, 2013

that makes sense. thank you, btw i prolly wasted a good 50+ hours searching the internet for 3.5mm male to male cable that were high quality, now only to realize this information, all in all a good couple of days, thank you! so evan somthing such as this http://www.qed.co.uk/audio-interconnects/jack-to-jack/qed-performance-audio-j2j-cable.htm woulden't make a diffrence?

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
honestly it may make a slight difference, but it would be tough to notice unless you were sampling them in succession. that's not to say cable quality doesn't matter - purity of the copper / silver, conductivity, gauge, proper shielding etc. is still important..

..HOWEVER most $10 - $15 cables off amazon will suffice. it'd be tough to tell them apart unless you have an extremely discerning ear. don't get duped into spending way too much on a cable you could get for a fraction.

if your goal is to improve the listening experience, focus on upgrading your soundcard first and foremost.

happy listening man