Cable or LCD problem?

Tracy101

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Hello, I have a Philips LCD screen and last night the picture froze and the sound started to fade in and out. I turned off the TV/monitor and when I restarted it there was no picture . I have cable and wasn't sure if it could be the box or the actual screen. I am able to view the TV guide on the screen but it seems that any moving picture will flash on and off and the sound flashes on and off in rythem to the picture.

Does this sound like a problem with the monitor or the cable box? Just for the record all the other TVs in the house while working.

Thanks
T.M

Solution
Start by checking the connection between the two. Make sure both ends are securely in place and that the cable is not kinked, crushed, or otherwise in some damaged state.

Then proceed by trying another cable, as appropriate, between the cable box and Phillips. Be sure to use a known working cable be it coax, HDMI, etc...

Next swap out one or the other (monitor or cable box). Try a couple of swap to confirm.

See if problem follows the monitor or the cable box.

Start by checking the connection between the two. Make sure both ends are securely in place and that the cable is not kinked, crushed, or otherwise in some damaged state.

Then proceed by trying another cable, as appropriate, between the cable box and Phillips. Be sure to use a known working cable be it coax, HDMI, etc...

Next swap out one or the other (monitor or cable box). Try a couple of swap to confirm.

See if problem follows the monitor or the cable box.

Solution