California Considering Ads on Cars With E-Plates

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I bet Californians will get a $20 mail in rebate to go pick up their manditory $200 plate.

There is NO WAY any American or Canadian government would make this manditory! Would they? I mean, it's so ubsurd.... Could they?

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I don't see how it could be possible. I'm assuming the plate would transition between the number and ad, which could cause problems for getting plate numbers down. I'd expect a cut of advertising revenues.

HeadScratcher7

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Oops! A hammer accidently fell on the RFID chip in my passport handing out my personal information for free to anyone with a scanner. Gosh, how'd that happen?

Whats wrong with my license plate? You say it looks like someone took a hammer to it? What a shame! How'd that happen? LOL.

You say they are going to update these things via cell text messages? Will California have to pay AT&T $0.20 for each text? Mmmm, maybe they can get a special unlimited text plan. LOL. Or maybe AT&T will finally have the money to improve their coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.