Call of Duty: Black Ops Hits $1,000,000,000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
And since it used the exact same engine as the previous two games, it probably cost them $10 million to make and made more than Titanic and almost as much as Avatar. The budget on Avatar was 237 million.

Xatos

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Too bad it's 90% 10 year old's who play. What kid with a Box/PS3 doesn't have, "Duty" ? It's more mainstream garbage than MTV is.

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
So lets see thats roughly 16 million copies sold on all consoles, and PC.
Roughly 10 million copies sold in the first 5 days.
Not really all that impressive when you look at it like that.

Seems to me after the initial first week of people bought the game word of mouth got out that its not really any different than the past 3 games and it kind of tapered....

Oh well Ill wait and see what the real call of duty people will do with there NEW IP since they are no longer with Infinity Ward.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]xantek24[/nom]then they cant complain about piracy....[/citation]

Oh they can and they will. They'll look at piracy and say OMG we could have made 200 million more profit on top of the 990 million we just made! SUE THEM!

G

600 million hours... probably about 20 million "playable" hours. SOOO much lag. Probably last COD I'll be buying. All hype.

G

Wait, what about all the piracy & lost revenue due to people using the game illegally? oh wait, those concerns are only for games & media most people don't really want...

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]600 million hours in just over 6 weeks? That's impressive.[/citation]
that just tell you how addictive this game is, i wished the dx11 graphics were a little better

G

I'm still playing bf 2142 until a more complete BF comes out, I think many BF players would agree that 2142 is the most immersive\complete BF game. BC2 and COD's is fun but i get that tiny map feeling way too often. Maybe BF3 will bring some hope. FPS's on console just doesn't cut it for me so I might pick COD7 for pc when it gets around $30.

ravensharpless

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]that just tell you how addictive this game is, i wished the dx11 graphics were a little better[/citation]
its only dx9

Status
Not open for further replies.