Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Attacked By Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
I have more laugh out loud fun with MW3 on PC than any other game I can think of. Sure there are many better and more realistic games, but when it comes to dumb fun I love MW3. It’s a shame that they Activision or IW does not have a better way to control the wall hackers and straight up aim bots. The best is when you get dumped into a lobby and the hacker is shooting the ground and people are dropping dead all over the map.

On a side note who thought up the DLC distribution model? With elite getting first dibs then xbox going second and then PC, its just plan confusing. The person who thought up that model deserves a slap in the face.

Akimbo still needs more adjusting. It is still way too powerful.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Well... I guess that's what you get for not doing proper sanity testing for calculations.

Still, though, the hackers are running rampant on both versions (I see at least one a day logging on to play on PC, anyways).

Fortunately, though, we have dedicated servers to play on if it gets too bad in random matchmaking.
360 players, on the other hand...

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]bucknutty[/nom]On a side note who thought up the DLC distribution model? With elite getting first dibs then xbox going second and then PC, its just plan confusing. The person who thought up that model deserves a slap in the face.[/citation]
It is called money. It drives the world and pumps through the hearts of Activision, EA, and other big-name publishers. It is also the same reason why DLCs for Battlefield 3 are released on PS3 a week earlier.

Anyway, not surprised, was only a matter of time. On PC, I got boosted up to max level on Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 by being placed in a modified lobby. I've since given up on the series.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
They deserve this for giving COD fans a shitty support and ignoring glitches since mw1 in 2005. I hope you continue getting hacked shitty activihack.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I am surprised this made it to the news... It happened multiple times in MW2 and many more times MW3... VAC is completely useless and is a waste of system resources...
I did my part in sending in video proofs to the forum for them, yet they just don't give a shit...
The game is terribly unbalanced and most the time unplayable because of P2P connections...

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
This game sucks, I hope they hack more and end up taking the whole thing down permanently and then giving up on the COD series.

Of course the game gets rebuilt from the ground up and is called COD ancient warfare. otherwise I wont be interested.

viciouz2000

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
seriously this is old news, i just love getting dropped into a game and see the one guy with 100 kills and 0 deaths, then the nuke going off and for the whole game its in that drab nuke color.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm surprised MW3 gets a story about hacks while BF3 has been raped by them for months. Hacks and exploits like these will exist where there are games that have points-based unlockable content built into their foundation. This is the reason I despise unlocks that are tied to stats. Playing the game legitimately to gather up points to unlock the content you already paid for is a lot harder than running a couple quick hacks.

ltdementhial

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I play both Mw3 and BF3 and since MW1 this changed...well MW1 had the truly best MP for a while...since everybody was with Halo 3 but Activision just milked too much the franchise as MP...i still play CoD:UO a lot and hackers are inexistent in the MP...besides is like a fun version of BF 1942 just artillery airstrikes.

BF3 was so much fun and enjoyable to play but now it has more hackers than Mw3 on steam....matter of fact sometimes BF3/Mw3 servers are so full of hackers that they make Combat Arms or Operation 7 playable.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ltdementhial[/nom]I play both Mw3 and BF3 and since MW1 this changed...well MW1 had the truly best MP for a while...since everybody was with Halo 3 but Activision just milked too much the franchise as MP...i still play CoD:UO a lot and hackers are inexistent in the MP...besides is like a fun version of BF 1942 just artillery airstrikes.BF3 was so much fun and enjoyable to play but now it has more hackers than Mw3 on steam....matter of fact sometimes BF3/Mw3 servers are so full of hackers that they make Combat Arms or Operation 7 playable.[/citation]

I've only seen one hacker that wasn't instantly banned since I started playing BF3.

Status
Not open for further replies.