Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Attacked By Hackers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DookieDraws

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Honestly, you bout can't play any FPS game with out some one being accused of hacking. I know hackers do exist, and I've actually played against some of these b*tches, but I think a lot of people just accuse great players as a hacker. Sometimes hackers are very obvious, especially the 75-0 scores. But, there are some great FPS players out there. I get called a hacker some times myself. Then again, sometimes I'm so off of my game I get called a noob! I'd never hack, nor can I understand why anyone else would want to. I play to have a good time with friends.

As long as games exist, there will always be a**holes out there ruining the fun for us.

Here's an idea - Maybe future games will require us to attach a USB shock device to our nutts before playing, if the game detects a cheat it sends a zapp to our nutts! Then again, on second thought, never mind this idea because I have untrustworthy friends who'd tamper with my game files to watch me get my nutts zapped! Yeah, that idea was a bad one. Oh well...

By the way, I can't speak about MW3, never played it, but BF3 I've played some. Honestly, BF3 is a total disappointment to me, I've been playing the Battlefield games since Battlefield 1942 and this game just sucks! Hell, you can't stay alive for 5 seconds with out being killed. At least it's hard for me to stay alive. It's just way too easy to die in this game and that sh*t got old quick. Dice makes great looking games and BF3 is no exception, I just don't like how BF3 plays. To me, the free battlefield game plays better, but it certainly doesn't look as good as BF3.

Doo-Doo-Draws

Zijn

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
[citation][nom]DookieDraws[/nom]Honestly, you bout can't play any FPS game with out some one being accused of hacking. I know hackers do exist, and I've actually played against some of these b*tches, but I think a lot of people just accuse great players as a hacker. Sometimes hackers are very obvious, especially the 75-0 scores. But, there are some great FPS players out there. I get called a hacker some times myself. Then again, sometimes I'm so off of my game I get called a noob! I'd never hack, nor can I understand why anyone else would want to. I play to have a good time with friends. As long as games exist, there will always be a**holes out there ruining the fun for us. Here's an idea - Maybe future games will require us to attach a USB shock device to our nutts before playing, if the game detects a cheat it sends a zapp to our nutts! Then again, on second thought, never mind this idea because I have untrustworthy friends who'd tamper with my game files to watch me get my nutts zapped! Yeah, that idea was a bad one. Oh well...By the way, I can't speak about MW3, never played it, but BF3 I've played some. Honestly, BF3 is a total disappointment to me, I've been playing the Battlefield games since Battlefield 1942 and this game just sucks! Hell, you can't stay alive for 5 seconds with out being killed. At least it's hard for me to stay alive. It's just way too easy to die in this game and that sh*t got old quick. Dice makes great looking games and BF3 is no exception, I just don't like how BF3 plays. To me, the free battlefield game plays better, but it certainly doesn't look as good as BF3.Doo-Doo-Draws[/citation]

try plaing BF2 again. I was playing with 127 bots and it was absolutely amazing! not all teh guns are super accurate you actually need to get into a steady aim before you shoot and even if you are on the crosshairs doesnt mean you will hit them!

i wish that companies will actually listen to their fans, i totally understand about the while need to progress and cater to everyone but they are just blatantly cutting corners to (i think) save money else where to get it out faster (also giving out rights to certain companies e.g. Sony / Microsoft). They are selling out. ANYONE will prefer a game that has half teh eye candy but 200x the longevity.

In bf2 you to be a high rank you needed certain medals certain amount of game play time and complete certain objectives, so when you saw a level 50 you were actually like OMFG!?! he is a GOD but now even thing is so dumbed down. I'm only 22 and i wish i could turn back time and go back to playing Quake with my dad getting sh#t scared when a shambaler came around a corner. There is nothing wrong with hard games. Anyone from the "stand in a corner and wait till the screen stops being red" era will hate old games, but thats when they were at their best!!

G

How is this news? The PC version for every call of duty have always been hacked to death. And now this is news because its on xbox? Pathetic. I gave up after they allowed the hack fest to continue

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]DookieDraws[/nom]Honestly, you bout can't play any FPS game with out some one being accused of hacking. I know hackers do exist, and I've actually played against some of these b*tches, but I think a lot of people just accuse great players as a hacker. Sometimes hackers are very obvious, especially the 75-0 scores. But, there are some great FPS players out there. I get called a hacker some times myself. Then again, sometimes I'm so off of my game I get called a noob! I'd never hack, nor can I understand why anyone else would want to. I play to have a good time with friends. As long as games exist, there will always be a**holes out there ruining the fun for us. Here's an idea - Maybe future games will require us to attach a USB shock device to our nutts before playing, if the game detects a cheat it sends a zapp to our nutts! Then again, on second thought, never mind this idea because I have untrustworthy friends who'd tamper with my game files to watch me get my nutts zapped! Yeah, that idea was a bad one. Oh well...By the way, I can't speak about MW3, never played it, but BF3 I've played some. Honestly, BF3 is a total disappointment to me, I've been playing the Battlefield games since Battlefield 1942 and this game just sucks! Hell, you can't stay alive for 5 seconds with out being killed. At least it's hard for me to stay alive. It's just way too easy to die in this game and that sh*t got old quick. Dice makes great looking games and BF3 is no exception, I just don't like how BF3 plays. To me, the free battlefield game plays better, but it certainly doesn't look as good as BF3.Doo-Doo-Draws[/citation]first u said, u are so good that people accuse u are a hacker, then u said u cant live longer than 5 seconds in BF3. wtf, any average FPS player can live longer than 5mins in bf3. Are u making up stories here?

I suppose u only played BF3 beta as thats where u die a lot of time due to the sync bug. But this prob has been FIXED on the first day of release version.

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
I barely play MW3 anymore because of rampant hacking. It is just no fun. BF3 is a better multiplayer experience anyways.

DookieDraws

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
"I get called a hacker some times myself. Then again, sometimes I'm so off of my game I get called a noob!"

I was talking about FPS games in general, NOT BF3! Read more closely my friend.

No, I've played BF3 since it's release. Yes, I played the beta, too. Still, the game needs a lot of work IMHO. Looks good, Looks very good, but it's honestly very difficult to get anywhere with out getting killed every few seconds! I don't camp! I'm a run and gun player, so, it's difficult for me in this game. Seems like one shot and I'm taking a dirt nap! Who knows, maybe I have been on nothing but servers full of hackers.

Not here to argue, if you like it and you're good at it - then good for you! I'm simply saying the game has a very different feel than the previous Battlefield games. There are thousands more who feel the same as I. Yes, I am a BF fan!!!!

shrapnel_indie

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
No news here.

This trash has been going on for more than two years now and it hasn't improved one bit. Even when steam mentions how they figured the anti-cheat part wasn't implemented properly and TOLD everyone. (Might have made things worse, but, then again. it was horrible before anyway.)

Has this effected my game play? YES. I stopped after experiencing the hacks first hand in MW2, deciding no CoD title was worth buying after that. (Not even worth pirating IMO.)

@wooodoggies IW is at the mercy of Activision and Bobby Kotick. Yes, they have become that way because of the infection from Kotick (get your money and then sorry... it's your problem, unless sales hurt too badly... but then the excuse is already in place: piracy.) Ever since the falling out of the original leaders of IW and Activision, IW has been ran by carefully selected "yes-men" for Kotick's grand plan of ruining gamine while lining his pockets.

Its the reason why I have no intentions of buying an Activision product again. I also have no plans on making myself a statistic for the over-inflated damage from piracy claims either,

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]rumandcoke[/nom]Quake III Arena...Best skill-based PVP in the history of the planet earth![/citation]

Quake = twitch fest. Not skill at all.

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
MK14 with Suppressor and ACOG scope = Godly!

L86 LSW with Grip and Thermal scope = I feel like I'm cheating.... but it's awesome.

Riot Shield with Movement and C4 Dead Man's Hand = Okay. Now you're just trolling.

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Hah, where's you hack-proof consoles now, developers?![/citation]

It's the degree of being hacked is different compare to a PC or an open enviroment. Consoles are much more controlled and developers and people like this. The mainstream People like it because its simple and don't need to upgrade part and the devs like it because the hardware has a baseline.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]DookieDraws[/nom]"I get called a hacker some times myself. Then again, sometimes I'm so off of my game I get called a noob!"I was talking about FPS games in general, NOT BF3! Read more closely my friend.No, I've played BF3 since it's release. Yes, I played the beta, too. Still, the game needs a lot of work IMHO. Looks good, Looks very good, but it's honestly very difficult to get anywhere with out getting killed every few seconds! I don't camp! I'm a run and gun player, so, it's difficult for me in this game. Seems like one shot and I'm taking a dirt nap! Who knows, maybe I have been on nothing but servers full of hackers.Not here to argue, if you like it and you're good at it - then good for you! I'm simply saying the game has a very different feel than the previous Battlefield games. There are thousands more who feel the same as I. Yes, I am a BF fan!!!![/citation]its not about camping, u dont run head on in an open-area towards a tank like rambo. I have no prob running back and forward across the map while me being the average skill player in the server alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.