Call of Duty Players Decimate World Population

Status
Not open for further replies.

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
just to say, the campaign sucked balls lol... totally predictable, the game play was boring... you cant get us hyped up in a fight and the next minute your strapped to a chair listening to 2 guys shouting at you...

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
while i do like black ops, it will never surpass CoD 4..you can only milk a series for so long, then its time to change the gameplan..completely.

And I must say I think i was more impressed with the last CoD - CoD:MW2..

So if they really must follow up with another call of duty, mix it up a little bit, and make it in the year 2142 :)

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
I have read the game has many bugs, although some have been and are being fixed. I wonder for how long they'll release patches/updates...

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I'm a little confused by the math here: 4.7 billion deaths/kills but only 2 billion shots fired? They must be getting enemies to stand in a line for headshots :)

aliened

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]halodude23[/nom]owned, pc still sux, stuttering...[/citation]

lol? No, CONSOLES suck; because of consoles the pc has never been able to perform at its full capacity. Because of the poor graphic performance of consoles, video games have to be limited on the use of the GPU’s, enough said.

aliened

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]f4nt4sm4[/nom]And I still won´t buy it...[/citation]

me too, 144 reviews on Amazon saying it sucks plus a 3.9 user score at metacritic.com sounds like a terrible game.

aliened

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]I'm a little confused by the math here: 4.7 billion deaths/kills but only 2 billion shots fired? They must be getting enemies to stand in a line for headshots[/citation]

shooting its not the only way you can kill someone; knifes, vehicles, explosives.... duh!

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
its really not that bad of a game, sure the story is ridiculous but it reminds me of those 80s-90s action movies. the plot was sometimes ambitious or sometimes it was paper thin but in the end you're more concerned about the action, the experience. i've had fun with it. zombie mode is still crazy. is it the best game i played this year? nope.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]aliened[/nom]shooting its not the only way you can kill someone; knifes, vehicles, explosives.... duh![/citation]

ok so lets see this... if 2 billion shots were fired, and every single bullet killed someone, 2.7 billion people are still alive.

ur telling me 2.7 billion missiles knives vehicles and explosives killed those people? or am i missing some sarcasm here...

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]aliened[/nom]shooting its not the only way you can kill someone; knifes, vehicles, explosives.... duh![/citation]

Of course, but I have a hard time believing that these "secondary" sources have amounted to more kills than good ol' bullets. Vehicles and explosives are not exactly primary weapons, and even knife kills are not THAT common.

tronika

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
again, i think im the only toms reader who loves this game. i only get it for the mulitplayer. and yes, i play it on my PC. 2560x1600 on my new 580. anywho, back to playing.

taking the game out of it, i think it's very cool to see these stats. not many devs release cool data like this. you guys are just always in a bad mood i guess.

G

@chickenhoagie you are so right bf2142 was still to me the best fps ever , bfbc2 with the new maps is awesome if it only had 64 or 128 player servers it would be epic

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]aliened[/nom]lol? No, CONSOLES suck; because of consoles the pc has never been able to perform at its full capacity. Because of the poor graphic performance of consoles, video games have to be limited on the use of the GPU’s, enough said.[/citation]

I'm going to help him out here and say, pc version is a terrible port which makes me hate consoles even more

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]I'm a little confused by the math here: 4.7 billion deaths/kills but only 2 billion shots fired? They must be getting enemies to stand in a line for headshots[/citation]

hand grenades, air support, claymores, knives, rifle butts, RPGs, mortars, grenade launchers, yada yada. Probably about the same ratio as real life modern warfare.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Jeffrey MacCormack finds the stats disturbing, citing that “1,193,221 people have stalked another soldier for a full minute before knifing him in the back, then laughing.”

i don't even play this game because it was designed for consoles, but reading that i am laughing. sounds like a typical FPS game, love doing that stuff with my buddys across the table from me. the taunts are much worse then most other people can handle and small children aren't permitted around us for fear of being hit by pop cans and the kids picking up our foul language and obscene gestures. LAN play FTW at it's finest

players have killed the equivalent of 69% of the world’s population—a death toll of around 4.7 billion.
glad it's just a game or i'd have to say everybody is trying to be hitler?!

2 billion rounds of ammunition have been fired by players.
with 4.7 billion dead that's alot of 2 for 1's, lol. and liberals are worried about guns, they better watch out for knives and rockets and hand grenades in real life if they take away guns, hahahaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.