Call of Duty Players Decimate World Population

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]I'm a little confused by the math here: 4.7 billion deaths/kills but only 2 billion shots fired? They must be getting enemies to stand in a line for headshots[/citation]
Or the players are much more creative in their kills then just the standard shoot them with a gun :p

mustbhacks

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]I'm a little confused by the math here: 4.7 billion deaths/kills but only 2 billion shots fired? They must be getting enemies to stand in a line for headshots[/citation]

Obviously bad stats are obviously bad, game has sold 10+ million copies yet only 2b shots fired? So each player has only fired ~200 shots on the average?

Ransom22

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I find it interesting, and a bit disappointing, that the headline uses the word "decimate," which literally means to kill 1 in 10, or 10%. However, the very first sentence says that over 66% have been killed. I'm just sayin's all.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Its CoD, what did you expect... Those kids are all running around randomly spamming nades (great level design...) and shooting their beloved noob tube while yelling in their Xbox headset.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Its CoD, what did you expect... Those kids are all running around randomly spamming nades (great level design...) and shooting their beloved noob tube while yelling in their Xbox headset.[/citation]
LOL! so true. Thats why us PC gamers when we play...if your voice sounds like your balls haven't dropped, we kick you or either fess up and say ur a girl then perhaps we let you play. Its one thing to play with adult idiots yelling but its another thing to listen to a 12yrs old talk non stop like mall girls and tell you how to play and aslo yelling like Francis from L4D getting beat on by zombies. FAIL!

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]aliened[/nom]lol? No, CONSOLES suck; because of consoles the pc has never been able to perform at its full capacity. Because of the poor graphic performance of consoles, video games have to be limited on the use of the GPU’s, enough said.[/citation]This is true until you go past the point when the console market was basically PSX vs. Xbox.

Before that generation of consoles, they were mostly completely separate markets, and what overlap existed was in the other direction. Does no one else remember having played DOOM on the PC to death and wondering why anyone would bother with playing it on a console? Remember when Deja Vu and The Uninvited had been out for PCs for years before they were announced as upcoming NES titles? Might make a couple of you old-schoolers laugh with this one: Hillsfar.

Not to say there weren't plenty of great PC games in the old days, but prior to the days of Wolfenstein 3D, consoles were better at delivering a good action game experience. Instead, PCs excelled in genres where storage size, better static images, and number crunching were more important: RPGs, adventure games, old-school strategy games, and flight sims. It wasn't until the mid-90s that this trend really started turning around, thanks to dedicated video cards and games like Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM.

You're right about the current state of the industry- you just shouldn't have said "never." ;)

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
345,234 players picked up the gun of a recent kill, then used the same gun to kill its previous owner.
That made me ROFL :lol: But also not enough to make me hand the piles of money that the COD franchise is raping people of.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
To be honest, I used to be a hardcore console gamer. Why did I change? Simply because the PC is better. On the PC, you have mods which enhance the gameplay. These mods can provide endless hours of fun and can be simply endless. You also get free downloadable content AND free online service. Consoles are so limited in what they can do compared to PCs. From now on, PCs are what I am going to use for gaming.

pwnagehobo

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
[citation][nom]GoldenI[/nom]To be honest, I used to be a hardcore console gamer. Why did I change? Simply because the PC is better. On the PC, you have mods which enhance the gameplay. These mods can provide endless hours of fun and can be simply endless. You also get free downloadable content AND free online service. Consoles are so limited in what they can do compared to PCs. From now on, PCs are what I am going to use for gaming.[/citation]
You and I have that history in common. Going back but two years, I was a major console gamer (of the Halo persuasion just to add to it). Then I bought a PC with hardware many times more powerful than an Xbox 360. Whenever I play 360-ports on my PC, I get hundreds or even thousands (The Force Unleashed 2) of frames per second.

But I have to admit, the most fun I've had in a modded game was in Halo 2 on a chipped original Xbox.

As far as the 200 bullet average goes, from what I've heard is that masses of people bought this game and stopped playing it within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS