Camcorders/Video Cameras Top list? 2015?

JazzyBill

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
Hello Everyone!!

I was wondering what HD/ 4K Video Cameras/ Camcorders that as good as the Canon VIXIA HF G30 HD Camcorder. I think the camcorder is overpriced . Any other cameras out there with the same specs?

If you have a list that would be great.

JazzyBill

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
I don't know why the Canon is not even 4K and is the most money. Which ones are the best if you had to put them in order with those 3 cameras? I am going to study the specs of each and see which one has the most features I will use. I know zoom is one for sure.

The Panasonic has a 20x optical zoom compared to the 10x optical zoom on the Sony. Disregard the digital zoom. Personally, I like the Canon VIXIA HF G20 (not sure G30 was available when I purchased). Don't forget to look at manual controls as they give you more control over the shoot.

JazzyBill

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
I understand that. I have chatted with some folks that bought the Canon Vixia HF G20 and G30 and they said the G30 is better as far as the zoom goes. How do you like the G20? I currently using Canon Vixia HV40. I really love my video camera but as we all know its time upgrade with better quality of audio and video. I bought my camera back in 2012.

JazzyBill

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
yea I can understand that. I am having some problems with trying to transferring my current videos with the Canon Vixia Hv40. I will get a Dv (Ieee 1394 port) Dvd recorder to transfer them directly to dvd. I don't care about editing as they are home movies.

I have a couple of older Sony HDV camcorders and the only issue I have ever had is the low light performance. If the 4K camera has good controls (aperature and shutter speed control) that should help with low light performance. The Sony and Panasonic both have the same sensor size.