Can´t run Office programs

ritagoldberg

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Suddenly I can't run Office programs on my Windows 7 machine. There's a message that says "Not enough memory or system resources to run PowerPoint [Winword, Excel...]. This happened just today after more than a year running Office 2013. What can the problem be?

Solution
Did anything change around the time this started happening? Installed any updates perhaps? Do you have 32 or 64 bit windows 7?

I would go to control panel > programs, right click on microsoft office, click change and then try the repair option

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Did anything change around the time this started happening? Installed any updates perhaps? Do you have 32 or 64 bit windows 7?

I would go to control panel > programs, right click on microsoft office, click change and then try the repair option

Solution
Have you checked to see how much disk space you have available? In Windows Explorer you can right click on the drive and then click on properties to see how much free space you have. If hard drive free space is not the issue, have you installed any other software lately? Maybe something is running in the background that is using a more than a fair amount of the computer's resources. If drive space is an issue then one of the first things you can try is Disk Cleanup.

ritagoldberg

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Thanks very much for your response. You were right! After posting my request for help and continuing to look for solutions, I realized that I should try repairing the program. That worked, and I've been in business again for several days now.

TRENDING THREADS