Can A galaxy Note 3 be Rooted for other carriers?

Earthbound1

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Hey I've been told the galaxy note 3 I have can't be used on straighttalk and also Verizon. I'm wanting to sale it but it's hard to sale locally if It can only be used on us cellular. I had us cellular unlock but looks like it doesn't do any good. Any info on ho to get so ppl could use on straightalk, cricket or Verizon? If so how can I test if I'm not with those complained? Find a friend with cricket or something?

Solution
Rooting has nothing to do with what Carrier/Service Provider is being used. The company you have service through really has no effect on the device being rooted.

The type of phone, also, has nothing to do with what Carrier/Service Provider you can use it on. What matters is what provider it was gotten from, and what provider you are trying to switch to. That will effect if it will work or not.

If your provider was US Cellular, then your phone is set to be a CDMA phone. It won't work on GSM networks. Verizon is a CDMA network. Straight Talk uses both, it just depends on what they use in your particular area. The only way to know would be to contact them.
Rooting has nothing to do with what Carrier/Service Provider is being used. The company you have service through really has no effect on the device being rooted.

The type of phone, also, has nothing to do with what Carrier/Service Provider you can use it on. What matters is what provider it was gotten from, and what provider you are trying to switch to. That will effect if it will work or not.

If your provider was US Cellular, then your phone is set to be a CDMA phone. It won't work on GSM networks. Verizon is a CDMA network. Straight Talk uses both, it just depends on what they use in your particular area. The only way to know would be to contact them.

Solution