Solved! Can a soundbar be used to replace the speakers on my Sanyo TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2018
Can I completely replace the tv speaker sound and use only a sound bar. My speakers on the TV no longer work well. They give out an echo.

Solution
Yes, simply connect your soundbar to the audio out on the tv, which should be a line level output, and turn the main volume completely off. Be sure to get a set of surround speakers or a soundbar that is powered. Some televisions likely have secondary sound outputs as well but you will really want either a powered set of speakers or a surround receiver that is amplified if you do not want any volume coming from the television at all. That will likely mean using the line level (Not amplified) sound output from the tv.

If you find the product manual for your model that should tell you quite a bit as well.
Yes, simply connect your soundbar to the audio out on the tv, which should be a line level output, and turn the main volume completely off. Be sure to get a set of surround speakers or a soundbar that is powered. Some televisions likely have secondary sound outputs as well but you will really want either a powered set of speakers or a surround receiver that is amplified if you do not want any volume coming from the television at all. That will likely mean using the line level (Not amplified) sound output from the tv.

If you find the product manual for your model that should tell you quite a bit as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.