Can ACER Aspire F5-571 run any of these games?

Solution
I am not familiar with Minecraft or Creativerse. The laptop relies on the Intel HD 520 graphics core and considering it is integrated graphics it is actually not too bad. I know that it can run Minecraft, but I am not sure what you mean by heavily modded Minecraft. If you mean shaders, then it should be possible to run the game at the laptop's resolution, but you will probably have to tone down on the number of shaders you use.

As for Skyrim... yes, it is possible to play Skyrim. But you will likely need to edit the SkyrimPref.ini to tweak the graphic settings to get the best performance out of the game. Last year, I configured the game to run on my using only the Intel HD 4400 instead of the Radeon HD 8850m dedicated GPU. Both our...

Dylan Smit

Estimable
May 13, 2015
The site doesn't show a gpu so i think it has none, it can run minecraft though but i dont think skyrim. I dont know any laps myself but if it has a gpu you probably will have better games even if the cpu is bad.

I am not familiar with Minecraft or Creativerse. The laptop relies on the Intel HD 520 graphics core and considering it is integrated graphics it is actually not too bad. I know that it can run Minecraft, but I am not sure what you mean by heavily modded Minecraft. If you mean shaders, then it should be possible to run the game at the laptop's resolution, but you will probably have to tone down on the number of shaders you use.

As for Skyrim... yes, it is possible to play Skyrim. But you will likely need to edit the SkyrimPref.ini to tweak the graphic settings to get the best performance out of the game. Last year, I configured the game to run on my using only the Intel HD 4400 instead of the Radeon HD 8850m dedicated GPU. Both our laptops basically had the same specs with the exception of the dedicated GPU in my laptop. We was happy enough with the performance when I allowed him to try out Skyrim for couple of hours after I tweaked it on my laptop; he played it at both 1366x768 and 1600x900 resolution. He was happy enough with the performance at 1600x900 resolution so he decided to buy the game. I gave him a copy of the SkyrimPref.ini file to use on his laptop.

The tweak that I made to the ini file that improved performance the most was to totally disable shadows; something that cannot be done through the game's options. There were some other minor tweak I done which I read can help improve performance on low spec PCs / laptops, but nothing as dramatic as disabling shadows. I also disabled ant-aliasing and generally had a mix of low and medium graphic settings with textures set to high quality (because the game looks terrible at lower settings). Draw distance for NPCs / characters was set to max since I mostly use bows and arrows to pick off or at least hurt enemies at as far away as possible.

Performance varies depending on the environment and how many other NPCs / enemies there are, but generally speaking I believe the Intel HD 4400 was able to play the game pretty consistently with 40+ FPS most of the time at 1366x768 resolution. The Intel HD 520 graphics core in the Acer laptop is newer and a bit more powerful than the Intel HD 4400. Therefore, it could be possible to get decent performance without the need to manually disable shadows, but I would recommend disabling anti-aliasing.

Solution

Jubeio

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Thank you for such quick replies, and sorry for my very slow reply. I have added it as an option for my girlfriend to get it's just very hard finding a good enough laptop for such a low budget.

Also just to let you know by heavily modded minecraft I mean Mod packs which have over 100 mods added to it. But most of the modpacks can be pretty hefty.

Well for Minecraft people usually recommended using Optifine with Intel graphic cores (or any integrated graphics) to improve performance.

If you want to use mods, then you will need to buy a laptop with a dedicated GPU. I am guessing something like a nvidia 940m would be good enough. A 920m is not much better than the Intel HD 520.