Solved! Can an employer monitor your phone

Apr 17, 2022
I am suspicious. Ok, my old phone died. I couldn't get the number transferred, and needed a phone. I had a work phone, used on wifi as a scanner at my employer, a major retailer. I got a SIM card for it. Once I could afford to get my own personal phone, I got one and just put the SIM card in the new phone. Since then, this new phone's battery power dies awfully fast for a new phone. I'm wondering if they're able to monitor the new phone, since the old SIM card was in a work phone. A team lead also has a big mouth. So is it possible, and if so, how do I fix this?

Solution
I'm using my own phone. But, the SIM card was in the company phone, then in mine (you have to get phone service/a SIM yourself to have used a company sponsored phone as a regular phone, so the service was/is mine).

If the phone service and SIM was done through your personal account, it won't be linked to your work setup. The question you should be asking is about the battery life. Did you contact support for wherever you got the phone from? How long does the phone run before it's drained and what sort of usage does that take? Are you on full screen brightness and online, checking Facebook, etc... often?
Apr 17, 2022
so you are using your own phone and own sim card? return the phone
I'm using my own phone. But, the SIM card was in the company phone, then in mine (you have to get phone service/a SIM yourself to have used a company sponsored phone as a regular phone, so the service was/is mine).

If the phone service and SIM was done through your personal account, it won't be linked to your work setup. The question you should be asking is about the battery life. Did you contact support for wherever you got the phone from? How long does the phone run before it's drained and what sort of usage does that take? Are you on full screen brightness and online, checking Facebook, etc... often?

Solution