Can anyone please explain me Batteries??

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Hi all,
Ever since I saw my laptop saying "59% available,plugged in, not charging", laptop batteries are causing me a headache.

I tried to reset battery gauge using lenovo's energy management utility but didn't quite had the patience to wait it through and stopped when battery fully charged to 100%.

Then I found my battery wear level to be at 8%. Now we are talking about a laptop just under 3 months old. Is it OK?

So, please explain me how to calibrate battery manually on a laptop with non removable battery, battery wear and any possible way to reduce wear, etc...

Thanks in advance.

aloof11

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Depending on how you use your laptop the wear level can vary over time, not to mention, sometimes the battery is simply cheap resulting in an accelerated wear level. Ive had my laptop for 4 months and my wear level is around 7%, I use it daily, so the wear level should build up faster. I also recalibrate my battery every month or so

But as you said, you have a non removable battery, from what I have read about those is that calibration isnt needed like removable batteries (if you have a Mac). I would try the lenovo energy management completely

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
OK I figured i had set it to Optimal, now that I turned it to maximum I'm able to charge it to 99%.

I just can't get it to 100%.

I realize I need to calibrate the battery, but I wanna do it manually and not using that management software. And the battery is non removable so can anyone briefly explain how to go about calibration manually???

Thanks for all who helped.

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

Ok that seems easy enough. But I cant get the laptop to a 100% charge. I used Batterycare and found:

Designed capacity: 45820 mWh.
Total capacity: 42470 mWh.
When it is 99% cahrge it says: Current capacity: 42250 mWh and doesn't go higher from that point no matter what.

And the system just warns that battery is at 10% when discharging.

Status
Not open for further replies.