Can Bad Battery ruin a Notebook

Solidad

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
I have a HP Pavillion 4010TX, this past year it battery can no longer hold the charge it used to carry when it was first bought. It drops dead at 20% and at start-up the system is telling me that I have a bad battery. So, I know I have a bad battery here.

Along it, I always have a problem with the screen suddenly garbling up and when you restart, it gives me the 4 blink light error, which I looked it is related to the video card. I have it replaced (the video chip) like 5 times. I am also monitoring the temperature, which it plays around 60c on idle and 105c max on load (I live in a tropical country).

I am convinced that the the video chip (the laptop's video card) is not the problem, it is the consequence of the problem. My suspect is that the mainboard is delivering harmful current to the chip. I just want to check if there is a possibility that if I leave the defective battery on the notebook, the power passes in the battery before getting to the mainboard, which harms the components. Should I remove the battery from the unit and plug it directly? (Or in a UPS for now) until I get the replacement battery?

Thanks.