Can i change internal SD Card?

Jun 20, 2018
So i want to make my SD card the internal storage on my phone,but it's not that big and i can't buy a bigger one right now.What i want to know is if i make the current SD Card internal storage,can i take that one out and make the one i'll buy internal storage(a bigger one)??

Yes and no.

If you make the card "Internal" storage now, then when you want to change to a new card, you will have to reverse any changes. Meaning anything on the card would have to be moved back to the phone, and then the card formatted back to "External" storage. The SD card would not be readable by any other device (the data on it). Since the original card would be recognized as "Internal" storage by the device, if you just removed it, then it would not be able to make another card "Internal" storage without you doing a "Hard Reset" on the phone. Which would wipe all data on the phone and start it over. And also note, if you did that, while you could make a new card "Internal" storage after, it would no longer read the old one.

So you have to decide if you really need it to run apps (as that is the only real reason to make it "Internal" storage) right now, or if you can wait until you get another card.

Yes and no.

If you make the card "Internal" storage now, then when you want to change to a new card, you will have to reverse any changes. Meaning anything on the card would have to be moved back to the phone, and then the card formatted back to "External" storage. The SD card would not be readable by any other device (the data on it). Since the original card would be recognized as "Internal" storage by the device, if you just removed it, then it would not be able to make another card "Internal" storage without you doing a "Hard Reset" on the phone. Which would wipe all data on the phone and start it over. And also note, if you did that, while you could make a new card "Internal" storage after, it would no longer read the old one.

So you have to decide if you really need it to run apps (as that is the only real reason to make it "Internal" storage) right now, or if you can wait until you get another card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ayana.lee Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 3
D Android Smartphones 2
S Android Smartphones 1
H Android Smartphones 1
W Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 4
S Android Smartphones 1
1 Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1