Can I charge my laptop with a 300W inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnvt

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
Hey!

I'm currently on vacation and the little house I reside in has very basic power, the house pretty much runs off two car batteries powered by a single solar panel.

It has one inverter which is a pure sine wave 300W one and it says it will output around 200-240V

My laptop (Asus N551VW) charger is the following model:

Asus A15-120P1A
Input: 100-240V 2A
Output: 19V 6.32A

Can I safely charge this laptop if it's not in use without the inverter or batteries going nuclear?

Thanks!

Solution
That indicator would tell me that the inverter is nearing its max output (not operating at its peak operating efficiency rating). That inverter could be old and less effective. I would suggest charging with your system powered off, and then game on battery power.

nnvt

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

Thanks I was a bit confused as I thought my laptop charger would draw 480W from the plug (240 x 2) I saw this on my dads laptop too (240 x 1,5) which would be 360W but the supply itself says 90 so I wasn't sure...

nnvt

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

So that would mean that my charger will pull about 120W, is that the actual max of the charger or can it go higher because I just fired up a game and the inverter started to beep and disconnect/reconnect my laptop every 2 seconds

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That indicator would tell me that the inverter is nearing its max output (not operating at its peak operating efficiency rating). That inverter could be old and less effective. I would suggest charging with your system powered off, and then game on battery power.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.