can i connect my samsung soundbar hw-k450 to my hitachi 50hyt62u

Solution
According to the specs on your TV you have a headphone jack and coax digital audio output.
You can use the headphone output to the mini stereo input on the soundbar. You need a cable with stereo mini plugs at both ends.
To use the coax digital output you would need to convert it to optical digital audio output.
http://www.cablestogo.com/product/40018/coaxial-to-toslink-optical-digital-audio-converter?gclid=CL6u5MXSktECFdJMDQod6oAAFA
as well as cables.
If the TV doesn't have any audio outputs it is possible to use a speaker to line level converter to make one. Not complicated but it would void the TV warranty.
According to the specs on your TV you have a headphone jack and coax digital audio output.
You can use the headphone output to the mini stereo input on the soundbar. You need a cable with stereo mini plugs at both ends.
To use the coax digital output you would need to convert it to optical digital audio output.
http://www.cablestogo.com/product/40018/coaxial-to-toslink-optical-digital-audio-converter?gclid=CL6u5MXSktECFdJMDQod6oAAFA
as well as cables.
If the TV doesn't have any audio outputs it is possible to use a speaker to line level converter to make one. Not complicated but it would void the TV warranty.

Solution

David_0373

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
I've just bought a lg sound bar and experiencing problems, I tried connecting through high speed hdmi with Ethernet cable which sees the sound bar work but it is fiddly each time you switch to on to get it to work. Sound is great through sound bar after a minute or so of fiddling through settings and stumbling upon it suddenly working, it is also difficult to fire it up when watching fire stick through hdmi2 though it does work once stumbled upon. I've had a suggestion of using coax converter to optical cable connection but haven't purchased this yet to try it, was hoping someone on this site may have a different solution for me