can i do a clean install of windows 7 from widows 8.1 for my laptop?

Shinan

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
okay. hi. i hve checked some youtube videos on how to do a clean install of win 7 from win 8.1 . and i understand the process. but im scared wheather i can find all the drivers requiered for my laptop. its HP 15-r004ne . it says its compatable with windows 7 and wndows 8.1 both 64 bit . but when i checked for all the drivers in the offical HP site . windows 8.1 has more drivers. and windows 7 does not seem to have a wifi or wlan driver anywhere on the site for my laptop. so i just wanna make sure. if i need a wlan driver or is the driver given on the hp site enough. will there be any problems? i hope someone could check it out and give me some assurance. thank you

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=7185766#N4389

this is the site where i found my drivers from hp

Solution
You will be fine because all the mandatory drivers required to run win. 7 will be in the update after the install. Anything else that doesn't work you can just manually install by going to the manufacturers website. Usually the only thing that doesn't install is the audio driver but since your downgrading instead of upgrading you should be fine. I would first write down all your drivers. I would also do a backup just in case you ever mess up.

Mr Hollywood

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
You will be fine because all the mandatory drivers required to run win. 7 will be in the update after the install. Anything else that doesn't work you can just manually install by going to the manufacturers website. Usually the only thing that doesn't install is the audio driver but since your downgrading instead of upgrading you should be fine. I would first write down all your drivers. I would also do a backup just in case you ever mess up.

Solution

Mr Hollywood

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

It should work the same. Plus im pretty sure that wifi drivers come automatically with the WIN 7 update. You can always get a new one or call HP if it doesnt work too.

Shinan

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

i understand that. but i cant be sure if i can find all the drivers for my laptop after i install windows 7 . because i went to the manufacturers site and the only driver under "network" is LAN driver . what about wifi or WLAN driver . i want to know where i can find that. the problem is i have checked many sites but i cant find a WLAN driver for my laptop which is compatiable with windows 7 . the WLAN and wifi driver for my laptop which i have found are only supported on windows 8.1

Shinan

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

thanks . but i want the wlan driver for my laptop. specific hardware. maybe the wireless driver will be automatically downloaded when i install windows 7. but if it doesnt , i need an alternative. and i checked the site for my laptop. i gave you the site too in my first post. for windows 7 there isnt a wlan driver. maybe it isnt given because its not needed. but i wanted to make sure. thats why i am asking here.

Mr Hollywood

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

It doesn't need to be specific it just needs to be the correct OS. But if it doesn't work when you do the install contact broadcom with your specific hardware (if needed) and they will give you the correct driver. They are the company that makes the internet drivers for HP.

HotPantsHenry

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
For the missing wlan driver, go to device manager> network adapters > (here it should say broadcom or atheros depending on what wlan card/chip you have. Go to the hardware ID, copy it and Google search it with your specified OS. I.e. Windows 7 home premium 64-bit. You should either be promoted with your manufacturers site with the driver or another site. Stick with the HP site if at all possible.

Edit: your power supply for your laptop has been recalled as of late August. Just so you know :)