Can i factory restart my laptop and leave it unattended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Factory Reset or Recovery takes place outside of Windows - - so none of the Windows Power Options Settings will apply - - it can't go to sleep.

Just make sure you perform the recovery with the laptop plugged in to a power socket so it's running off the mains adapter, not the battery.

When recovery has completed, Windows will start but the recovery process will have finished at that point so it doesn't matter if laptop goes to sleep then anyway if you aren't there.

gigantusmagnus

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
I don't know what will happen when in Windows logon screen
but you can change the settings in Power Setting
you can set how long the Screen idle before it turn off (just the screen) or how long the laptop idle before it will go to sleep

Factory Reset or Recovery takes place outside of Windows - - so none of the Windows Power Options Settings will apply - - it can't go to sleep.

Just make sure you perform the recovery with the laptop plugged in to a power socket so it's running off the mains adapter, not the battery.

When recovery has completed, Windows will start but the recovery process will have finished at that point so it doesn't matter if laptop goes to sleep then anyway if you aren't there.

Solution
as Philip indicated once you launch the recovery mode, the system uses internal software that basically opens a compressed file and slaps it on your hard drive destroying everything underneath it, so back up you data before you do this. most reimagine take a few minutes, but your fine it will not go to sleep during the process as it will be suspended anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.