Can I install Xposed framework and GravityBox in my Galaxy Core II?

rambomhtri

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
Hi, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Core II through my carrier's shop a week ago. I already rooted the phone. I'm also using Nova launcher 3.3 (latest), and everything else is stock. Core II came with Android 4.4.2 installed, carrier's version, but as I am a superuser, I've deleted a lot of useless stuff.

The question:
¿Can I install Xposed framework and GravityBox [KK] in this device?

This is what I'd install if someone here confirms that I can:
Xposed Installer 2.7 experimental1: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
GravityBox [KK] 3.5.1: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ceco.kitkat.gravitybox
Is it OK?

I've noticed, reading GravityBox's thread, this:
Compatibility
- Supports AOSP devices running vanilla Android 4.4
- Supports Motorola Moto G Dual SIM running stock KitKat
- Supports ThL 5000 running stock KitKat and potentially other MediaTek devices running pure MediaTek ROMs
- DOES NOT support devices running ROMs vastly modified by device manufacturers (HTC Sense, Samsung Touchwiz, MIUI, LeWa, Xperia, ...)
- SHOULD NOT be used with custom ROMs like CM, AOSPA, RootBox, SlimBean and others - it makes no sense since the most of the features are already
in the ROM (may cause conflicts and unexpected behaviour)

Does that mean that if you have a Samsung, Xperia, HTC... mobile, GravityBox won't work due to compatibility issues?

My goal is to change the function of the volume buttons to only modify the volume of "Music, video, games and other media", in every situation, so it doesn't matter if I'm in the home screen, in YouTube App or using Chrome, always change the "Music, etc" volume, not Notification's one, or Ringtone's, or system's. So if I accidentally press volume up, the phone does not changes from Mute to Sound, or changes the volume of the ringtone, and all that stuff. They told me that I can accomplish that with GravityBox.

Thanks, hope someone here can help me out! :(

Solution
I have no idea about Gravity and all this stuff, but ...

For good or bad, Android world is pretty fragmented. If a developer has provided a version working only on certain models, may be that because what he/she was able to test it on. The fact that Samsung/Sony/HTC are popular around you does not necessary mean that they are popular in developer' country as well.

atmos929

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Have you looked in XDA forums?... that's where I would look.

From what you quoted from GravityBox... they may be stating so for a reason. You may have to flash a custom CM based ROM... or maaaaybe look if there is a touchwiz based ROM that is compatible with GravityBox.

EDIT: sorry... i just read the rest of the notice.... no support for CM based ROMs.

Then I get that you can only use it on other brands with original ROMs... Nexus, LG, Motorola...

rambomhtri

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
I already created a thread in XDA forum, but that forum seems dead, no one replies, ever. I've created like 5 threads about different things, in different sections, and no one has replied to any one of them.

I've also read that many Galaxy S3 users have installed this framework. I think it's really really weird that a developer provide a solution that doesn't work in Samsung, Sony, HTC... man, they are the main brands in Android. It's like making a videogame that is only comptible with Linux, but does not support Windows and MAC. I think it should work, but I wanna make sure first by asking to someone that knows I can.

I have no idea about Gravity and all this stuff, but ...

For good or bad, Android world is pretty fragmented. If a developer has provided a version working only on certain models, may be that because what he/she was able to test it on. The fact that Samsung/Sony/HTC are popular around you does not necessary mean that they are popular in developer' country as well.

Solution