Can i move apps/pics/games/video to sd card on my Hussein H891L

Bird1278

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Needing to know if i can transfer games/pics/video onto sd card on my Huawei H891L. Phone will not let me download anything else.... Not even updates due to insufficient storage

Solution
Well, as that phone comes with Android "KitKat" you would not be able to set up the SD card to be "Internal" storage. You would need to be running (or upgrade to) "Marshmallow" to make that change. Also, the phone would have to not had that option restricted by the manufacturer, which does happen. If you can upgrade to "Marshmallow" you can use the instructions below to see if you can make the change on your device.

If you can't make it, for whichever reason, then your only other option would be to move things like photos, music, videos, etc., over to the SD card to free up space. You also may want to clear out say the browser cache, and any other apps that continually add junk to the phone that you aren't using.

How to turn...
Well, as that phone comes with Android "KitKat" you would not be able to set up the SD card to be "Internal" storage. You would need to be running (or upgrade to) "Marshmallow" to make that change. Also, the phone would have to not had that option restricted by the manufacturer, which does happen. If you can upgrade to "Marshmallow" you can use the instructions below to see if you can make the change on your device.

If you can't make it, for whichever reason, then your only other option would be to move things like photos, music, videos, etc., over to the SD card to free up space. You also may want to clear out say the browser cache, and any other apps that continually add junk to the phone that you aren't using.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution