Question can i move my metro sim into another phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have a tracfone that is now on metro pcs as a lifeline. i want to see if the sim will work in the lg k20 i have. i like that phone better than the a21 tracfone made me get because they sadi the k20 was not good enough anymore, they said it would not work on lte but i see them on the metro service still. but they could be going away on metro soon as well,

anyway, i would like to try the sim in the k20 to see if it might work but not have to call metro to get back into the a21 if the k20 fails to work.

any thoughts on that?

The specs on the LG K20 show it does have 4G LTE support so not sure why Metro said it won't work. You probably will need to contact their support to activate the other phone as well, seems like you don't really want to work with them though.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i did call them and they said it would not work but really never said why based on the fact it does have 4g and lte. so maybe it just can't be turned on by metro. also when the wife got a new phone she got the tcl 20 xe she had the lg aristo and they put a new lifeline sim into that phone but then metro tells me that is not able to stay activated. so i can't really say what is going on. so to save issues they turned on the a21 phone i have from tracfone that i got unlocked to be that lifeline on metro pcs so now i have a free phone. and i do not use it much so let's hope it will stay on the service. i was looking for a larger storage phone because the a21 will not adopt the sd card into adopted storage. but i think i will give up on that and just keep the a21 for now and see how it goes.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.