Can I re-install Kaspersky Anti-Virus on a computer that originally had it without using another activation?

Ant Vo

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
Hello! So a while back, I had Kaspersky Internet Security on my laptop. It recently just broke down for some reason and I had to format the HDD and and re-install Windows. Now, the anti-virus security is gone. I was wondering if I could re-install it and re-activate it without having to use "an activation limit" (I don't know how to describe it).

The disc I have right now has 3 activation limits, and two have already been used (one for my friend and one for my laptop before it broke down). I am trying to save the last activation for a desktop I am building soon, so is there anyway to reuse the key? Thanks.

Solution
I don't see why you can't "reuse" it assuming you still have activation days. Usually you will be sent activation code to your email when you install and register it. I have reformatted my computer countless times and reinstalled the same Kaspersky again and again. If you have lost that code, just go to Kaspersky website and get them to resend it to you.
On the other hand, I found Kaspersky consuming too much resources. Once you done with it, you might wanna consider other AVs. Otherwise, instead of buying 3 activations, you could just buy Enterprise Volume from any computer vendor. It's cheaper.

Curry Puff

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
I don't see why you can't "reuse" it assuming you still have activation days. Usually you will be sent activation code to your email when you install and register it. I have reformatted my computer countless times and reinstalled the same Kaspersky again and again. If you have lost that code, just go to Kaspersky website and get them to resend it to you.
On the other hand, I found Kaspersky consuming too much resources. Once you done with it, you might wanna consider other AVs.

Curry Puff

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
On the other hand, I found Kaspersky consuming too much resources. Once you done with it, you might wanna consider other AVs. Otherwise, instead of buying 3 activations, you could just buy Enterprise Volume from any computer vendor. It's cheaper.

Solution