Solved! Can I receive a message on my tmobile data plan for my tablet

Is the data plan on the tablet itself? Or is it on another device? Also, so you know, a data plan does not cover text messaging. Text messaging is totally different. You can use other apps like textnow (which I don't recommend, but it was the first one I thought of) to send messages, but not to get regular text messages that would go to your personal phone number. With apps like the one mentioned, you would get a phone number through them and the messages (and calls actually) would be done through their app and the phone number they give you.

Otherwise you would need to purchase the ability to send and receive texts through your carrier/service provider.

Is the data plan on the tablet itself? Or is it on another device? Also, so you know, a data plan does not cover text messaging. Text messaging is totally different. You can use other apps like textnow (which I don't recommend, but it was the first one I thought of) to send messages, but not to get regular text messages that would go to your personal phone number. With apps like the one mentioned, you would get a phone number through them and the messages (and calls actually) would be done through their app and the phone number they give you.

Otherwise you would need to purchase the ability to send and receive texts through your carrier/service provider.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TaroBeni Android Tablets 4
R Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 1
T Android Tablets 3
W Android Tablets 3
A Android Tablets 1
D Android Tablets 2
L Android Tablets 4
F Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 1
G Android Tablets 1