Status
Not open for further replies.

Lendell

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
Hello everyone!
I have a question. I have a Asus K75V-J series with Intel Core i3 and Nvidia GeForce 635M 2GB. And I found a laptop processor on ebay ( intel core i7 ) Intel Core I7 4600U SR1EA BGA Laptop CPU Processor 2.1-3.3G/4M and I was wondering if I can put in my laptop ? I would buy it and take to a computer store and say to repalce it. Also can I change my graphic card ?

Solution
You found a BGA processor for sale online? Wow.

You will not be able to upgrade due to the following:

1. The CPU you found online for sale is a BGA type CPU. Your laptop uses a PGA CPU, as mlga91 said. They are not interchangeable.
2. The 4600U uses a different socket. You need to find a CPU that will match the socket of your system (FCPGA988, according to mlga91 again).
3. The system firmware may also limit your upgrade capability. If you find a CPU that is electronically and physically compatible, Asus' BIOS may not support it. Be sure to look into that as well.
4. The 635M in your system is probably surface mounted, in which case you cannot replace it. If it's a MXM card, finding a compatible replacement will still be very limited...
You found a BGA processor for sale online? Wow.

You will not be able to upgrade due to the following:

1. The CPU you found online for sale is a BGA type CPU. Your laptop uses a PGA CPU, as mlga91 said. They are not interchangeable.
2. The 4600U uses a different socket. You need to find a CPU that will match the socket of your system (FCPGA988, according to mlga91 again).
3. The system firmware may also limit your upgrade capability. If you find a CPU that is electronically and physically compatible, Asus' BIOS may not support it. Be sure to look into that as well.
4. The 635M in your system is probably surface mounted, in which case you cannot replace it. If it's a MXM card, finding a compatible replacement will still be very limited and probably difficult.

Solution

dowtoh

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Did you successfully upgrade to i7? I own the same laptop and am looking for better CPU. Lendell (or anyone who tried to upgrade this laptop) please share your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.