Solved! Can i unplug the screen from my laptop and use an external monitor as the main display?

Feb 20, 2021
i plan to leave the screen on and only unplug it. Will this force the laptop to boot into an external monitor? Right now i have to wait almost a minute to get a display output. Also cant access the bios directly on the external monitor, have to open it on laptop and then fn+f4 to get it on external display. Will unplugging laptop display solve this

Solution
i plan to leave the screen on and only unplug it. Will this force the laptop to boot into an external monitor? Right now i have to wait almost a minute to get a display output. Also cant access the bios directly on the external monitor, have to open it on laptop and then fn+f4 to get it on external display. Will unplugging laptop display solve this

I don't think so, but if you're willing to try it...

Typically, the only way to get a laptop to boot up using a secondary display is via a docking station and I'm not sure even that will allow you into BIOS.

-Wolf sends

Bradleybbb

Great
Feb 21, 2021
Really dont understand ur ??
For an external monitor
Plug it up and windows auto displays on both the computer screen and tv..if it doesnt
Go to settings in windows.
Go system ( first one on the list)
Now display
Now scroll down to multiple displays hit detect button ( make sure the hdmi is out of computer to tv and tv is on)
Once detected, below the detect button, click advanced display settings.
You can control what is displayed on each monitor..little arrow drop down box

Reactions: Hydra119

I don't think so, but if you're willing to try it...

Typically, the only way to get a laptop to boot up using a secondary display is via a docking station and I'm not sure even that will allow you into BIOS.

-Wolf sends

Solution