Solved! Can I upgrade my CPU Core2 Duo T9400?

Oct 13, 2020
Hello,
I´ve upgraded my old Fujitsu Amilo Xi 3650 to 8GB of RAM, installed an SSD (Patriot Burst 480GB) as boot drive with Win10 64bit running smoothly. All other applications running quite ok too.
I was wondering, if I can upgrade the CPU? I was considering following CPUs:
  • Intel Core 2 Duo T9900
  • Intel Core 2 Extreme X9100
  • Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300

I now have the Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53Ghz
8 GB RAM
480 GB SSD (primary) 512GB HDD (secondary)
Win10 Home 64Bit

Any suggestions?
I know, many will say buy a new laptop, but I have all I need and I just happen to like this machine…
So, I´d appreciate your support here.
Thank you!

Solution
Hello,
I´m sorry, but the Information I have, is that the CPU is NOT soldered to the main board. It can be changed. That is what is shown in the video - changing the CPU...
Thank you!

If that video is of your exact laptop model then it is removable, for an upgrade in a laptop it not only depends on the socket but also what the motherboard will support. Since laptop motherboards are not standard and even if a CPU fits does not mean it will work. You either need to find a list of known CPUs that work with the laptop or buy one and see if it works. I would keep the CPU range in the same wattage (meaning if current CPU is 45 watts, new one should be also).

You say you have all you need, yet you replaced the drive, added more...
Oct 13, 2020
I'm not asking if the cpu is solder to the system board.
I'm telling you that laptop cpu is solder to the system board.
what the video about?
Hello,
I´m sorry, but the Information I have, is that the CPU is NOT soldered to the main board. It can be changed. That is what is shown in the video - changing the CPU...
Thank you!

Hello,
Thank you!

If that video is of your exact laptop model then it is removable, for an upgrade in a laptop it not only depends on the socket but also what the motherboard will support. Since laptop motherboards are not standard and even if a CPU fits does not mean it will work. You either need to find a list of known CPUs that work with the laptop or buy one and see if it works. I would keep the CPU range in the same wattage (meaning if current CPU is 45 watts, new one should be also).

You say you have all you need, yet you replaced the drive, added more RAM and are looking for a faster CPU. For the price and time spend you could have spend 150 on a much newer Core i3 or i5 laptop.

Solution