Question What can I upgrade in ASUS X515MA-BR419T? Is it possible to upgrade the processor?

Aug 30, 2021
I feel like I made the greatest mistake in my life by buying this laptop lol. I want to upgrade my processor into Core i5, just wondering if it's possible. AND can you tell me what can and cannot upgrade in this laptop? Thanks.

ASUS X515MA-BR419T

SPECIFICATIONS:

PROCESSOR: Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor

DISPLAY: 15.6” HD (1366 x 768) Anti-glare display

MEMORY: 4GB DDR4 SO-DIMM

STORAGE: 128GB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 3.0 SSD

GPU: Intel® UHD Graphics 600

rgd1101

Don't
cpu? no
look like you can upgrade the ram and ssd

Reactions: Phibs
Aug 30, 2021
cpu? no
look like you can upgrade the ram and ssd

Oh that's a bummer. Is it really not possible to upgrade the processor? I think that's the cause as to why it runs too slow to my liking. Can you kindly suggest what can I do to make it more faster?

Aug 30, 2021
slow on doing what?
if the ram/ssd don't help, get a better laptop
It lag when I'm multitasking (making documents, using chrome, play music while the laptop is scanning my phone etc.) I just thought it might be the processor as to why it stutter sometime (applications take long to open; when I'm typing, sometimes the screen freeze or delayed what I'm typing).

I read reviews that Celeron is so bad (i already brought the laptop before i know, my mistake) Am I wrong to assume it's the processor's fault? You think upgrading the ram or ssd might help? Which one first? I know I'm repeating myself but is it really impossible to upgrade, even a little, the processor? Why?

Last edited: